Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

THE Ohio Section Championship

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those not meeting Kyle, I use mapquest.com and as you get close there are Rayner's Range signs. This range is WAY out there in the country and its not that much distance but you will think you are never going to find it. Glad even more shooters are signing up and you will like the range and the people. You can call Tom Rayner at number listed on his website with questions also. Good luck.

DIRECTIONS:

From Zanesville...figure 40 minutes.

-  Take State Route 60 South, toward McConnelsville...along the river.

-  After about 9 miles you will hit Ducan Falls...one light town.  After this, the road goes from four lanes to two lanes.

-  After another five miles or so you will hit a blip on the road called Gaysport (there is a small gas station/mini-mart called Green Acres on the right).  Take the second left here, onto 376

- From here out...always go straight.  There are signs that should lead you to Rayner's Range.  At any possible turn or fork...always go straight.  The roads will get worse the closer you get   As Bill said, it will seem like forever...it may take about 15 minutes, but is only around eight miles.  You will see the sign for the Range on the right...follow the lane right to it.

For the out-of-towners...you can meet up at Bob Evans on Underwood street.  Right off I-70 (Underwood exit going West...7th Street exit going East..plus a few turns).  Jobey (Avalanche) will be there at 7 AM to meet people.  He will leave around 0715hrs.  EAT BEFORE!

Here is a link to a map to Bob Evans restrurant (location #1) :

http://bobevans.com/cgi-bin/mqinterconnect...&orig_name=

Registration starts at 0800.  Shooters meeting at 0845.

Dowter,

That is the place.  The Range is on the family farm (no worries about hammering poppers down at Rayner's...they own more land than a bullet can travel)

There are still slots for Saturday or Sunday.  Quite a few have signed up this week.  Message me with your info (USPSA #, class, division, Major/minor, squading...all that stuff)...or get that info to Tom Rayner.  That will help the staff out.

Dowter

In fact you drive through the farm to get to the ranges. Make sure you are the right farm, we Ohio people don't take kindly to strangers driving on our land. Just kidding(I think)

Mrs R makes a killer coney dog. Everybody try one. You won't be dissapointed.

We might make the Bob Evans meet...we'll be leaving Latrobe around 5 or so, so we should get there around 7...otherwise, we'll see you fine folks on Saturday.  

Keep the rain away!  We don't mind the chill, just don't want to get wet...did that Saturday!

Hey Flex, can we get some of those slick name tags to put on the back of our hats too??  

(Edited by vluc at 9:51 pm on Sep. 24, 2002)

3QT...wish you could make it.

Vince, not sure about the tags...I'll bet Rayner's have some branding irons they can get their hands on...I'll see if they have any that say "Glock" ;)

I am heading there now to help with setup (I have a couple of stages worth of props in my truck...I think they have four stages up already.)