Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Glock Model Is Better?

Leo Pires

The G35 is basically purpose built to make major and fit that box.

Arredondo makes a +3 pad and there are a plethora of magwells out there that also fit, and BAM!! you have a competitive 18+1 gun for about 1/3 of an S_I.

Edited by dirtypool40

I prefer the G20 over the G35 for Standard/Limited competition. I have found that the G20 has less felt recoil than the G35 and I can use the 40 S&W Long Loaded (+1.190 OAL) which eliminates most of the over pressurization that occurs with a fast burning powders (I.e. N320) if bullet setback were to occur.

I've always shot a G35, but the G20 does shoot a lot softer...noticeably so. If I were starting over (and didn't have so much time invested on the smaller framed glocks), I'd go with the G20...with a 40S&W barrel installed.

(btw, there is a 40 barrel for the G20 in the classifieds, right now)

I prefer the G20 over the G35 for Standard/Limited competition. I have found that the G20 has less felt recoil than the G35 and I can use the 40 S&W Long Loaded (+1.190 OAL) which eliminates most of the over pressurization that occurs with a fast burning powders (I.e. N320) if bullet setback were to occur.

This may be a dumb question, but do you load .40 in the G20 10mm factory mags?

This may be a dumb question, but do you load .40 in the G20 10mm factory mags?

Yes .... and you can load longer than you could in a G35, as long as your barrel's chamber is reamed accordingly....

I've always shot a G35, but the G20 does shoot a lot softer...noticeably so. If I were starting over (and didn't have so much time invested on the smaller framed glocks), I'd go with the G20...with a 40S&W barrel installed.

(btw, there is a 40 barrel for the G20 in the classifieds, right now)

Flex...why is this so? Larger grip surface?

I would say that its a combination of weight and the size of the frames back strap. The G20 was designed from the get go to be used with the 10mm cartridge if you were to compare a G20 and a G21 slide you will notice that the G21 has less metal in the inside front and sides than the G20.