Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Limited Holster

wcmesa

Tried the search but no luck. Ive narrowed my chioce down to a cr speed holster but here is the problem. Is there a significant difference between the wsm II and the g holster? IN the future i plan on building a g17 open gun, will the wsmII carver holster( the one moded to accept the carver scope mount) still work with a g35 w/o the scope mount? I dont want to have to buy 2 holsters if i dont have to. I want to thank every one in advance this forum has been a treasure trove of info to me.

• 6 months later...

Yes, I do believe the Carver holster will still fit the Glock 35. I cannot confirm this with 100% accuracy, but the only area they should have relieved is just rearward of the G35's muzzle. I have a CR Speed 2001 holster and I like it a lot! It's very close to the WSMII I think!

The WSM & the G holster are the same holster but the hanger is different. You can actually buy the G holster & upgrade to the WSM hanger but I think it costs a little more than just buying the WSM from the start. I personally like the G a lot but watching a friend of mine draw from his, you see the hanger move slightly which may affect the speed. Not sure about that. I've drawn & hit relatively close targets in the high .8s from my G model just like it comes from the factory. I've been trying out the softer locking lever available from Arredondo recently but I'm not sure if I like it. It does reduce the drag of the holster to almost nothing. Not sure if it is faster, though.

To modify a CR speed for the Carver mount is very easy & can be done by the user, if he has any mechanical skills & a sander, (a belt sander or an oscillating spindle sander) or a dremel or for more advanced folks, a milling machine. I'm sure they can modded with other tools as well but those are some of the easiest to use. The modified holster will still function with a limited holster if you want. The CR speed is almost perfect for these situations!

MLM

The carver mount & the new ghost pinless holster are not compatible. The new ghost holster body is hollow & if you start carving on it, you'll wind up with a big hollow ruined piece of plastic. I suppose if you want to use one bad enough, you can find a proper filler & fill the hollow body & grind that to shape but that sounds like a lot of work. The old ghost that uses a pin where you have to drill a hole in the trigger guard to use it is a solid body holster so modifications are possible. The CR speed is a solid chunk of plastic so you can grind it all you want. MLM

The carver mount & the new ghost pinless holster are not compatible. The new ghost holster body is hollow & if you start carving on it, you'll wind up with a big hollow ruined piece of plastic. I suppose if you want to use one bad enough, you can find a proper filler & fill the hollow body & grind that to shape but that sounds like a lot of work. The old ghost that uses a pin where you have to drill a hole in the trigger guard to use it is a solid body holster so modifications are possible. The CR speed is a solid chunk of plastic so you can grind it all you want. MLM

OR...you can buy a Limcat for Glock and use dang near anything without all that drillin', millin', or sandin'.

Easy but not cheap.

David C

I wonder if i could Hard Chrome It.......hahah.

That slide look good.

The only thing i don't like about the ghost holster is when you have the gun locked in the holster and you butt the magwell against something it cants a little bit and am not comfortable with that. So i keep it bagged all the time usually.

I ended up getting a used cr speed wsm2. So far i realy like it . I also picked up a ghost hanger at a realy low price so i may end up with both and will go from there. As for right now its 2 months till the gator classic and im hitting production pretty hard so the testing will have to wait. And just for the record if anyone is wondering if a glock will fit in a 1911/2011 crspeed it will not( not without some major fitting).

Another nod for the Ghost.

G35-005-02.jpg

Aristotle, I like the finish on your slide what is it and who did it.

Yup, it's raw dog. I had a bladetech holster that scratched up the finish pretty good on the gun, and it was brand spanking new. I experimented with grip tape on the slide, and it scratched the inside of the kydex, which scratched up the finish of the slide. After a few days of dry fire/Dry drawing practice I noticed the damaged I did to the slide. So i decided to take it off completely. It is only polished on the side of the slide, and that's it. I left the top and rear black/tennifer. And I polished it myself.

It was experiment, and my back up plan was to have it treated/coated if I didn't like it. I ended up really liking the results. No issues with it so far. then again, I handle the gun when I'm at home all the time so I'm able to really watch any issues with it like that. And it's strictly my game gun. I get asked all the time about it now.

Edited by Aristotle

Another nod for the Ghost.

G35-005-02.jpg

Aristotle, I like the finish on your slide what is it and who did it.

Yup, it's raw dog. I had a bladetech holster that scratched up the finish pretty good on the gun, and it was brand spanking new. I experimented with grip tape on the slide, and it scratched the inside of the kydex, which scratched up the finish of the slide. After a few days of dry fire/Dry drawing practice I noticed the damaged I did to the slide. So i decided to take it off completely. It is only polished on the side of the slide, and that's it. I left the top and rear black/tennifer. And I polished it myself.

It was experiment, and my back up plan was to have it treated/coated if I didn't like it. I ended up really liking the results. No issues with it so far. then again, I handle the gun when I'm at home all the time so I'm able to really watch any issues with it like that. And it's strictly my game gun. I get asked all the time about it now.

This may sound stupid but did you use, a dremel or a bench grinder with a polishing wheel. I think I may try it.

No, do not use a dremel or buffer to do it, use a piece of glass, with sandpaper attached to it! There is a post on GlockTalk describing how to do it.

I saw that topic, and what I found easier and cheaper than glass was just taping the sandpaper to my work bench. it worked out just fine. It really depends how far you want to take it. But you have to go down a little bit to remove all of the little dimpling on the gun to get all of the black off. I didn't just go back and forth, I went circles and every other which direction to get it all of, then I later went with the grain to get that "brushed" steel look, after hitting it with some 400 grit. I wanted that machined/brushed look so it took some time. I haven't wiped it down, and have shot it every weekend and the finish is absolutely fine.

Just so you understand, the reasoning for taping the sandpaper down is so you only sand the flat side portion of the slide. if you plan to polish the entire slide the use of a flat object is not necessary. All you need is time, patience and some sand paper.

I took my gun out to plates one night and had quite a few folks interested in this. I'm going to help a few guys fool around and do this as well. All else fails you can get your slide recoated/treaded for 50 bux.

Edited by Aristotle

My 1st holster was a Hogue Power Speed, then I bought a Safariland 012, a Lim Cat, a CR Speed, a Gurka Rebbis, a Ghost, after trying them I always go back to the Power Speed and draw from the intermediate locked position.

I've set it up so it'll take a 1911, a S_I or a Glock without making any changes to the holster.

Fast, cheap and secure----------I'm through looking for the perfect holster, I had it from the start.:)