Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Engaging Target W/o Gun

Nunchucks are perfectly acceptable to use on clays:

http://www.cavalryarms.com/vids/nunchucks-1A.wmv

I just got a ninja sword...I thought about carrying it strapped to my back, but I thought the chances of decapitating the RO on the draw would be pretty high that way. But then again, it might let me capture their power Highlander style. :ph34r:

Edited by SinistralRifleman

Trapr, remember it well, had no idea you had so many extraneous thoughts going through your head. Must learn to concentrate, might solve the problem of unhit targets. ;) Do appreciate your concern for my predicament should you have chosen the dark side. I still tend to side with the competitor unless its clearly a fault, miss or obvious infringement of the rules. Bet there will be a "Trapr" rule at some future 3 gun match. Keith

Trapr, remember it well, had no idea you had so many extraneous thoughts going through your head. Must learn to concentrate, might solve the problem of unhit targets. ;) Do appreciate your concern for my predicament should you have chosen the dark side. I still tend to side with the competitor unless its clearly a fault, miss or obvious infringement of the rules. Bet there will be a "Trapr" rule at some future 3 gun match. Keith

Keith,

Many good doctors have failed trying to understand what Trapr is thinking!! ;)

New Trapr rule:

Engage targets however the hell you want to and let the RO know what your time is at the end!! :D :D :D

As always....

Mike

Here is how that big stupid USPSA rule book handles it:

10.2.7 A competitor who fails to shoot at any scoring target with at least

one round will incur 1 procedural penalty per target, plus the

applicable number of misses, except where the provisions of

Rules 9.2.4.5 or 9.9.2 apply.

I knew something was telling me you had to SHOOT IT to score it!!!!

Speaking of doctors, I was getting a stress test one day for work, and my heart rate got to 212, well the doctor asked are you OK, i said yeah, Then it went to 222, doc, asks again are you OK, i said yeah, all of a sudden there are 5-6 more doctors in the room, and they're saying to each other, "have you ever seen anything like this" of course at this point i say "doc, is everything allright". so apparently i do tend to perplex doctors!!

trapr

If you would cement once fired shot pellets to the soles of your boots, get the picture?

Don't worry Mel, my loafers are not light, I will send some lead shot to Benny H though.

Early on in my USPSA adventure when I was playing with knives more than I am now, I busted through a doorway and there were 3 targets in the shoot room on this section of the course. I engaged the first target but went to slide lock and dropped a mag earlier in the course that shouldn't have been dropped - yes, read multiple problems. I really wanted to engage the last two guys with the blade in my pocket but thought that the RO would have $hit chickens had I reholstered and drew the blade even though the gun was at slidelock. I still think about that stage since the targets were very close indeed.

I did not attend this match but at one IDPA shoot it was a requirement to stab one target on one of the arrays. The good ole' days.

Rick