Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uspsa In Se Moinnesota!

harmonii

Just wanted to pass along the fact that we're putting together some stages at the Pine Island Sportsman's club. Ping me if you live nearby and want to shoot or help out.

Also, does anyone know how to find out about CRO classes in Minnesota this year?

-H

Edited by harmonii

Also, does anyone know how to find out about CRO classes in Minnesota this year?

All the scheduled classes are listed on the NROI website.

http://www.uspsa.org/

> click on the <NROI> button at the top

> click on <Seminars> on the left menu.

From there you can look at the current class schedule. Or, you can schedule a class (like most things in USPSA, somebody has to step up and make it happen.)

You Section Coordinator would be a good point of contact, as well.

Howdy, glad you found the Enos forums.

THanks for the tip on 1911forum!

All the scheduled classes are listed on the NROI website.

http://www.uspsa.org/

> click on the <NROI> button at the top

> click on <Seminars> on the left menu.

From there you can look at the current class schedule. Or, you can schedule a class (like most things in USPSA, somebody has to step up and make it happen.)

You Section Coordinator would be a good point of contact, as well.

Wonderful, thanks, none in MN as I suspected, anyone out there certified in SE Minn?

harmonii

I am very interested in shooting, will help when I can. Let me know when you have updates.

Thanks for the PM.

Just to let you know where we are, we have permission from the Club to dig 3 stages, and they are partially completed, in the spring we'll get 'em done and plant some seed on the burms.

I have built a plate rack, swinger, clamshell, and a few dozen target holders, purchased 200 targets and a few thousand pasties, We still need to have some poppers cut out and maybe one more reactive target, I would love to figure out how to build a "Texas star" With these we should be able to start in the spring. -H

• 3 weeks later...

They usually have an RO class every year. Last year i think it was in oakdale. Of course I had to work <_< so I plan on doing it this year. Check out the Minnesota section of the USPSA and some of the clubs web sites. If you are having a match make sure it gets posted on there. If you can hook up with some of the other clubs in the state we often share equipment when having a match. Mnmapsa is having a club match Feb 24. It's near Elk River. You can meet people who can help you and it's also the place where the MN section match is going to be held this year so you will want to know how to get there anyway. Check out their web site. I don't know how to create a link but you know how to do it, a www in front and a .com or .org at the end. :D Welcome to the fun.

Edited by Vulture

How SE in Minnesota are you?

The Area 5 folks in Wisconsin may be more help to you.

Check with Ronnie Casper in the Wisc section.....

Not that far, North of Rochester..... Coming up empty all over.

If you are close to Millville, host a sectional August 11. :)

(Generate some money for more range toys.)

Then one could go to the AMA National Motocross on the 12th.

That would be a way cool mini vacation. ;)

FM

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well we are on our way. Bays are dug, targets are ready. Pine Island Practical Shooters lives! Wednesday's this summer!

Shooter orientation will be Wednesday may 9th at 6:00 PM. Our primary concern is safety, and putting on a good match.

The Club is located on the East side (Northbound) of Highway 52, about 1/2 mile south of the County 11 Pine Island Exit. Very easy to find.

We welcome all shooters, no memberships required.

Look forward to seeing you all there! -H

Edited by harmonii

Just a short post to say a warm thanks to all who showed up, we had 28 people show up for orientation and a shoot. with a little more than half the folks shooting. A few seasoned veterans of the sport showed up to RO and talk to the new shooters. We shot El Presidente in Bay 3 and Heinz 57, a 20 round stage with steel and movement, designed by Ed Koskie, in Bay 1.

We had 6-7 shooters who had never shot USPSA before and they seemed to have fun, no one broke any regs or was DQ'd! Can't ask for much more.

I personally had a blast, people were very enthusiastic about having a new place to shoot, and the club is pretty nice. Once grass grows on the berms it will be even better.

Looks like we'll have a 5-stage Fund raiser one Saturday in June sometime, I'll be sure to post it here as soon as we have a confirmed date.

Holy Cow that's close to Zumbro Falls!

Which is close to Millville.

Sectional August 11, steaks at Michael's Saturday night, National Motocross at Millville on Sunday.

I know; I am very selfish and narrow minded! :lol::lol::lol:

FM

Looks like we'll have a 5-stage Fund raiser one Saturday in June sometime, I'll be sure to post it here as soon as we have a confirmed date.

Why don't you your stuff on the MN forum? Although it may not be as glamorous you will probably get more response.

Good Luck

Why don't you your stuff on the MN forum? Although it may not be as glamorous you will probably get more response.

Good Luck

Hmmm, I know a Bergie... IBMer?

Yes, we even have our own forum there. I agree. But I do include this forum and 1911 forum as well, don't want to miss anybody!

http://mnuspsa.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=2...018cedb753ab7bd

Thanks -H