Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35 Or 24 For Limited

ramtough47

Guys i have been shootin Production with a 34 for 2 yrs now and want to get into Limited division.I have a shooting buddy who has a 24 already set up for Limited.He also has a 35 he is wanting to sale.I don't know a lot about the 24, but i do know a lot about the 34 and 35.

All you limited shooter's out there give me your advice,especially the glock shooters.Which way would you lean and why.Also if i am going to spend some money would i be better off biting the bullet and going to say SV or STI guns?

I had a 24 for Limited and the longer sight radius is nice. I could really mow the steel. I sold it to a buddy who shoots glocks very well. Since you are a glock shooter the same platform will give you an easier crossover. Plus all your gear will still work. I shoot a glock well, but I am very partial to the S_I platform in limited and noticed a huge jump in my performance the first match with my Edge. Your cost outlay with a new S_I platform will be in the $2K to $3K range. The glocks are so light that I don't think the longer gun hurt me. I will tell you the gun did not like light bullets under 180gn and if I put a Tungsten guide rod in it it felt strange. I ran a 15 pound spring on a steel captured guide rod with a THE magwell. On the other hand the 35 will be the same look as your 34 with just a bit more kick <_<

Edited by chmerr

A local IDPA crossover hung up his Glock 34 & 35 to bite the bullet and get a Brazos Custom LTD .40. He's LOVES it!!! He's working on riding the safety as he shoots since there was no issue with that on the Glock.

He is a good shooter and thinks he'll go farther with the STI BUT we have another local GM who ONLY shoots Glocks and is tough to beat...

Guys i have been shootin Production with a 34 for 2 yrs now and want to get into Limited division.I have a shooting buddy who has a 24 already set up for Limited.He also has a 35 he is wanting to sale.I don't know a lot about the 24, but i do know a lot about the 34 and 35.

All you limited shooter's out there give me your advice,especially the glock shooters.Which way would you lean and why.Also if i am going to spend some money would i be better off biting the bullet and going to say SV or STI guns?

The 24 having a little longer longer sight radius may be a little better as far as accuracy and the 35 may be a little better on transitions. As far as appearance I like the 35 simply due to the rounded nose. I think it's six of one half dozon of the other. The added weight of the 24 could aid in the gun running flatter if it is set up right. It could also make the gun nose heavy if it is not. The 24 costs more and has been more difficult to find although I heard a rumor that there have been more recently released again in the US. I have no idea if this is true, but that is what a dealer told a friend of mine a couple days ago. Shoot both of your buddy's glocks and see if one of them scratches your itch better than the other.

As far as your question about glock vs. sv/sti, if you have the money to spend would you be better off with an sv/sti?...probably so. By asking the question you are possibly putting more stock in the ability of the gun and less in your own abilities. IF that is the case you may gain more confidence by shooting the sv/sti platform and therefor become a better shooter because of it. I don't think the better sv/sti shooters shoot well because of their guns. I give them more credit than that. If the idea of owning a top of the line limited gun sound like the ticket then you should do so. You should shoot what makes you feel confident. That being said, the feeling of winning and placing well in matches with a glock gives me my motivation. Wish you well.

PM sent regarding my friends brand new 24 built for liimited (for sale). May be posted in classifeds sooner or later.

I've got a short dust-cover LTD gun being built, and I'm *this* close to calling the gunsmith and having it turn into an Open gun instead, and just sticking with a Glock for Limited/L-10 and Production.

I'd really hoped to have it by now, well before the Florida Open, but I guess they're still smelting the ore, or something. I've been shooting a SS lately, and pretty poorly, but a week ago picked up my G35, which is now stock, except for sights and trigger, and it just felt....natural again. I'm not even going to bother with magwell, or guide-rod; just get some mag extensions, or else hell, just shoot it in L-10, and not spend a damn dime. <grumble>

You will be fine either way. Know that the Glock weighs quite a bit less than the other guns. It's always been my belief that a shooter needs more polish on their grip and stance to be able to shoot the light guns at Major power factor.

I like grip tape on the Glock for Major (well, I like it for minor, but really like it for major).

Ya, Flex is right. Not a huge difference between the G35 and the G24. Either way you are not hurting yourself. I shoot Glock 34, 35, and 24 in USPSA. The 35 is my back-up. If I had the choice between the 24 and the 35 in Lim and L-10, I would choose the 24. The extra weight in front and the longer sight radius do make a slight difference.

If I could only choose one (may that day never, never come), it would be the 35. It can be shot in 3 divisions.

I shot a 24 when I first started the game back in '97. I sold it years ago but have tried the 34/35. If I went back it would be to the 34/35. Target engagements were faster, it balanced better and in the matches I shoot serious accuracy isn't much of an issue.