Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

first Hoosier 3 Gun For All

7-8 stages, over 200 rounds, includes lunch, $45. This is a fundraiser for the Wabash Valley IPSC club. Rumored attendees- 2002 Ladies Open 3 gun champ, Area 5 Director, and so far, 4 out of 5 area five State Directors. And, of course, the irrepressible 3quartertime. More details at www.wabashvalleyshooters.com.

Up date.  We will be allowing shooters to shoot this match pistol only minus one stage for a small discount.

Also any interested in RO'ing/staffing that can shoot on Sat. 29th and work on Sun. 30th.  We will pay the hotel room for one night or waive the match fees.  

Thanks.  

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE: The match was a great success this weekend. For those of you who could not attend, mark this down for next time.

Many, many thanks go out to BE.com's own James Starn (aka, 3QT), Tom B (aka Twix), and BDH (aka, CRO Brian Hanna).

Although the match results are not official, it looks as if 2002 USPSA Open Rifle Champion Tony Holmes was the Overall Champion, followed by Area 5 Director Gary Stevens.

Many thanks go to the tireless staff who made this possible: Joe Viray, Joe Everly, Ken Skeeters, Tracy Robertson, Dave Dillier, Martin Paige, Paul Robbins, Barry Ellis, Christa Toby, Larry Sample, 3QT's mom and dad for the lunch help, Dave Ball, Twix's daughter for painting targets, and Marty Toy.

Thank you one and all for making this match what it was and we'll see you again next time.

BigDave,

Maybe 3QT can design a stage next year that involves an idling auto, a frisky puppy, and locking his keys in the car!! I'm not quite sure of the stage procedure, nor am I sure that a standard timer will be able to record the length of time from when the puppy locks his keys in the car to when the locksmith gets there to save him. Also, I'll have to check with Amidon, but I am assuming that if the car runs out of gas before the locksmith gets there, then that earns him one Procedural! :D

Hey, I had a great time and would do it again. After all it was a great bunch of people and weather like I have never experienced before..... let's see...... sun, rain, sun, snow, sun, sleet, sun and hail.... and all within approximately two minutes (fortunately, match day turned out good)!! Also, thanks to the couple of people that helped keep me on my toes, as I was getting tired running all the shooters, and my scoring started to get a little sloppy so I appreciated the help (shows me that I need to get my butt in shape before the big match season starts).

See ya next year!!

Maybe 3QT can design a stage next year that involves an idling auto, a frisky puppy, and locking his keys in the car!! I'm not quite sure of the stage procedure, nor am I sure that a standard timer will be able to record the length of time from when the puppy locks his keys in the car to when the locksmith gets there to save him. Also, I'll have to check with Amidon, but I am assuming that if the car runs out of gas before the locksmith gets there, then that earns him one Procedural! :D

Methinks I should be the wiseguy to design that particular stage. :P

The only problem is, I can't think about it without breaking out in hysterical laughter. :lol: Cackling interferes with my mouse control!

Hey, I had a great time and would do it again. After all it was a great bunch of people and weather like I have never experienced before..... let's see...... sun, rain, sun, snow, sun, sleet, sun and hail.... and all within approximately two minutes (fortunately, match day turned out good)!!

Don't forget the entertainment factor of being around the WVPPS crew! B)

Where else can you find people who will double their time (but not imporve their hits!) on a 38 round rifle stage by firing 90 rounds just because they want to "shoot a little more"? :P

Where else can you find people who will double their time (but not imporve their hits!) on a 38 round rifle stage by firing 90 rounds just because they want to "shoot a little more"? :P

Rhino, well, at first I wondered who you were, but you gave yourself away with the above quote!! :D As for designing the puppy in the car stage, you may have to design it, since 3QT didn't even chime in. I'm assuming that he is trying to forget the whole experience....

Sorry for the slow response. I've been working believe or not!!!

The puppy locking the car door stage sounds fun, but how would we get anyone to believe it's realistic at all???

We had a great time with the match. All that came had a good day of shooting in a very reasonable time period. We had one shooter start at 8:30am shoot 8 3-gun stages eat lunch for an hour and finish before 2pm!!! The rest weren't far behind him.

To say that we learned alot is a tremendous understatement!!! We will definitely be having more 3-guns and bigger matches in the future. The problem may be we may have set the standard so high!!! Thanks to all for the suggestions for next year!!!

From the replies that I've been recieving the next time we do this the turn out will be huge. But I know we will be well prepared.

Big Dave covered the thank you list pretty well with one giant exception. He missed the one guy that made my day sail through with ease. The guy that came early and stayed late. The guy that helped do anything and everything to make things run smoothly. The guy that everytime I was zipping past his stage trying to remember what I was looking for would grab my arm and say " relax it's going great " . That guy was Big Dave. Thanks.

Hope to see all you guys that missed this year next time.

( Hint, Hint all the Ohio guys except for BDH )

James.