Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun Vault

G+16

please move this were it belongs:

House remodeling done, next spring adding garage with gun vault attached with vault door to small bedroom, I have a contractor who has agreed to build it, IF I can come up with a set of plans, I'm figuring 8" concrete walls all the way around with rebar, and I have a plenty of old boiler plate to use too. Problem is I've never built one and neither has my contrator, I've called around the local area and no one has a clue how to build one, or anyone that can build one :blink: , I need help with this one anyone know where I can lay my hands on a set of blueprints, or a layout?. The vault will be about 8'X10', the floor of the vault must be about 2' above the concrete garage floor to allow for the crawspace opening, I'm figuring on using concrete beams. any help out there :)

I called a guy who does concrete basement walls. When i get the building he wants to look at it to see what he can do. Thats who i would call, somebody who does solid concrete walls. You dont want block. We had a local store that had all the doors and windows barred. They took a sledge hammer right through the block and stole 75 guns. The problem is the roof. Not sure how they do that.

I called a guy who does concrete basement walls. When i get the building he wants to look at it to see what he can do. Thats who i would call, somebody who does solid concrete walls. You dont want block. We had a local store that had all the doors and windows barred. They took a sledge hammer right through the block and stole 75 guns. The problem is the roof. Not sure how they do that.

Precast concrete placed on top; or a steel plate underneath the poured forms?

FM

8" jeez man, expecting a truck to hit it.. 4" with rebar would be plenty. if they want enough to get through that there is nothing stopping them!

what do you have for a floor .. i'd want concrete. celing they can poor-form that also, or have a solid piece put on.

What kind of valut door you getting?

Get someone who does poor-form concrete walls. they put up forms and the wall is solid. also, think about recessing your "vault" door.. the most secure thing you can have is one that nobody knows about. cover the walls with drywall just like anything else. if notbody knows which room to look in it'll take longer to find it than destroy it :)

Make sure you have a light, and electrical outlet plumbed in, and heat of some sort if you want it. you'll need a dehumidifier or golden rod in there to keep your b abies from rusting.