Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rules Changes 07

GrantJ

Hey Kim,

Get out your black spray paint and get with it. I guess I'm just nuts because I don't let the snow bother me. We had snow on the ground when I was out last Thurs.

I bought a new toy with one of those funny round things in it and had a blast. If I had this one a long time ago I wouldn't be shooting an auto.

You'd better be at the Cup this year. Don't make me drive all the way to KS and drag your butt to Columbia. :D

Hey Kim,

Get out your black spray paint and get with it. I guess I'm just nuts because I don't let the snow bother me. We had snow on the ground when I was out last Thurs.

I bought a new toy with one of those funny round things in it and had a blast. If I had this one a long time ago I wouldn't be shooting an auto.

You'd better be at the Cup this year. Don't make me drive all the way to KS and drag your butt to Columbia. :D

Careful Kevin .... the DARK SIDE is a powerful force, once you go round, near impossible to go back. :P

Rules changes for AP are now posted at: www.nrahq.org/compete/rulechanges.asp

Hope to see you all at the "Cup" in May

GrantJ :D

Here's the clickable "link"

It looks like they changed more than they intended. Only options are standing and prone. I read standing only at all 10 yd lines, all barricade and all mover stages. At other distances shooter may shoot prone.

There have been a few shooters who used to shoot "sitting and kneeling" on the practical. I thought previous langauge or interpretations were "freestyle" at the non restrictive stages. The effect is minimal, unless you happened to be one of those kneeling or sitting shooters.

BTW, Rudy has been promoted! :) That is also the bad news. :( There will again be a new Bianchi Cup Coordinator (when they get a replacement) ....... and we just got Rudy broken in! :D The good news is that Rudy got Bob Picoli's position in PISTOL. I'm sure Rudy will have his hands in BC for some time to come, and I think that is a good thing. It appears he got promoted into a new job, but still has all the things to do in his old job too. :wacko:

Martin

Edited by Allgoodhits

Ryan,

You messed up when you didn't buy that revolver from Randy's. That thing shoots like gangbusters. I slapped an Aimpoint on top and was wearing out the plates standing at 25. The Mover base is hosed so I'll probably have Warren install a Stick Shift when I'm out at the Cup and then it'll be all set.

How are you doing with the Gilmore scopes or have you finally given up on them?

Now that the rules are back where they should have been all along, I think I may go to the Cup this year. It's been a while, so it's time.

Kevin, you coming to our regional in April? We finally got the PLC fixed on the plates.

I've always thought that the x-ring black aiming dot should be 3" instead of 4", that way you have a 1/2" clear space near the perf to make scoring easier. Also, 3" black paster dots are already available. Anyway, that's what I'm using for practice.

You know I'll be there. I wouldn't miss it.

Hopefully the crew will make it also. All I know for sure now is Leroy and I. We'll be in TX that week so it's kind off on the way back.

Good to hear you are planning on making a come back. We originally tried for just adding a 2 inch paster to the target instead of changing the whole thing but we got what we got. At your range it doesn't make much difference since the lighting is so good.

See ya then. Looking forward to some mud bugs.

Hello and happy new year from Germany,

do I get it right: prone shooting also for Metallic, Production and Open Modified ?

I couldn´t find any other references.

I´m also sorry to loose Rudy ! Finally did a excellent Job.

Wolfgang,

You read it correctly. Prone for all except at the 10 yard line on the plates and Practical.

Did you have any luck getting that Shooting USA dvd?

Rudy told me that Tom Fee was going to put on a big Action match the weekend before the Cup. It sounds like there will still be plenty of ranges for practice but you probably know more than I do.

Kevin

Hello Kevin,

whoooow: prone shooting on 15 yards with Open Sights. I have to try that next time.

Yes and thanks for asking: I spoke to Jim himself and received not only BC2006 video but some more stuff on Team challenge and End of Trail.

Very interesting: shooting stell plates on 5 yards with whimp loads ! But these guys are fast as hell. Comes close to 1911 speed.

Jim is a very nice and friendly Guy. Also good show ! We should have something like that here in Europe!!!

Tulsa: What "Big Match" means, I don´t know. Tom was talking with Bianchi Coordinator about a Match.

And I would consider here a 1 Day Event.

If there will be 2 sets of Bianchi Equipement, so that parallel to the Match people can just practice I don´t know yet.

But for our Group that will Attend the 2007 Cup, going to Tulsa first is planned right now.

Most of us would like to see something else but Columbia and Green Valley now. So our hope is to have a nice time during our preparation in Tulsa, and then just hop to Columbia for the last 4 days.

Also giving Tom and his Crew some Attention due to international guests: like "official Practice Range of the German Natinaol Team" (sounds good, does it ?) will help them.

Same is with more Attention from other BC Shooters.

Right now here in Germany we are planning details on our European BC, scheduled from 4th to 12th of August (Match 9th to 11th).

As soon as we have hard facts, I´ll post that.

Greetings and Regards

Wolfgang

Edited by wolfgang

Ryan,

You messed up when you didn't buy that revolver from Randy's. That thing shoots like gangbusters. I slapped an Aimpoint on top and was wearing out the plates standing at 25. The Mover base is hosed so I'll probably have Warren install a Stick Shift when I'm out at the Cup and then it'll be all set.

How are you doing with the Gilmore scopes or have you finally given up on them?

You bought Bruce's Ron Power... excellent. I just wasn't happy with the feel of it, and I am very happy with the one Randy custom built for me, it suits me a lot better, and I honestly could never out shoot it. Oh before you install a stick shift on it speak to Randy, he was working on a new mover mount, not sure if he has gone any where with it yet.

The Gilmore is in with Riley being repaired, and I have a back up coming back with it ... yes I know I will learn one day, today is just not that day.

I got my Invitation to the match from Rudy today, I have faxed the ATF paperwork, and even better for me this year, the ICORE championship are nearly straight after so I get to do 2 matches on the same trip this year.

Ryan,

I forgot to mention that I installed a set of knill grips on it. Made a big difference. Next time I talk to Randy I'll ask him about the mover base. The one reason that I like the Ron Power one is because it's on the heavy side. I'm afraid that an aluminum one would upset the balance.

Glad to hear that you got your paperwork. Maybe we will get ours soon.

Wolfgang,

Glad to hear that Jim took care of you. Vera has been trying to persuade me into coming to your Nationals but it looks as if I have a scheduling conflict. There is a Regional in Pennsylvannia that same weekend and those guys support my match so I feel obligated.

• 1 month later...
Ryan,

I forgot to mention that I installed a set of knill grips on it. Made a big difference. Next time I talk to Randy I'll ask him about the mover base. The one reason that I like the Ron Power one is because it's on the heavy side. I'm afraid that an aluminum one would upset the balance.

Glad to hear that you got your paperwork. Maybe we will get ours soon.

I'm all booked, flights, accomodation, car hire .... $9000 later ... ouch. I can't wait though. I promised your better half I would shout you both to the Outback Steakhouse (for the DVD copy) so make sure you schedule that in one night. I land on the 19th May.

See you in a few months.

Ryan,

I take it then that you did receive the DVD and it worked? If you sent an email to that effect she didn't tell me. I really doubt if she makes it. The only way would be if my parents would take the kids for a week. We talked about it briefly a while back. I'll have to see where we stand now.

$9000? I believe the trip for me was around $4000. Do they charge you all extra or what?

The itch to get started shooting has been great lately. We have our first match in 2 weeks. All the ammo is loaded except for the Cup stuff so I'm as ready as I can be for now.

See ya in May,

Kevin

Ok, I've been under a rock the last couple of months with work, so bear with me....

Now that all competitors can use the barricade for support, that means that we Met Sight shooters can plant a fist into the barricade like the PPC guys do, right?

I still won't know for another week if I'll get the time off for the Cup or not. :angry:

Ryan,

I take it then that you did receive the DVD and it worked? If you sent an email to that effect she didn't tell me. I really doubt if she makes it. The only way would be if my parents would take the kids for a week. We talked about it briefly a while back. I'll have to see where we stand now.

$9000? I believe the trip for me was around $4000. Do they charge you all extra or what?

The itch to get started shooting has been great lately. We have our first match in 2 weeks. All the ammo is loaded except for the Cup stuff so I'm as ready as I can be for now.

See ya in May,

Kevin

Yeah costs are substantially more going from here to there as apposed to the opposite. Plus I get the raw end of the deal with the currency conversion.