Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Target Order and Engaging Manual Safety?

Joe

On CM's if the instructions state "Engage T1-T3 with..." does that mean in order. T1 then T2 and so on?  Or is it free style?  I know the rules state CM's aren't required to comply w/'as and when visible' thus my question.  Can a regular COF stipulate order?

On manual safeties, when are they required to be engaged?  I understand when holstering or placing on a table or some other prop but at what other times?

Thanks,

Joe

Joe,

For USPSA Classifiers, I could not find any definitive rule on target order.  My interpretation is that they may be engaged in any order unless otherwise stated.

Besides the times you mentioned, the only other one I can think of right now is a holster retention test.

I'm definitely no "rule expert," but on having the safety engaged, it must be engaged to begin a course of fire. After that, your finger must at least be out of the trigger guard while moving, and engaging the safety while moving wouldn't be a bad thing either.

be

Quote: from lawrence on 12:48 pm on Feb. 20, 2002

I find myself on autopilot and engaging it when crawling through tunnels or moving a long distance.

Me too and at the time it seems bizarre because it just happens (engaging the safety) without me planning it and right after I do it I think (whoa, that was cool).

Bill