Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Badlands/okla State Idpa Champs April 28-29, 2007

7th Annual Badlands Regional IDPA Championship & Oklahoma State Match

April 28-29, 2007 Tulsa, Oklahoma

The all-scenario stages are awesome, but straight forward. AM or PM squading for Saturday stages. 2nd day everyone shoots AM, so you’ll start home early on Sunday afternoon.

• 16 stages/200 rounds.

• Experienced SO’s and staff. Certified SO’s on every stage.

• Superb 1st Class Facility. Ample close parking, flush bathrooms, AC Clubhouse to eat in; everything convenient. Range is 15 minutes from HQ hotel.

• Great random prize table to include guns and lots of gear.

• Dual computer stats, running on Beach Bunny software, for speed and exactness.

• Many things to do in Tulsa area, including world-class museums, shopping, restaurants, and more.

Past shooters have repeatedly commented that the Badlands is the best match they attend all year long.

Cost: $80.00 (includes competitor full lunch both days.) NO entries will be accepted after April 16, 2007

This match will be limited to the first 150 shooters. Link on IDPA HQ website to MD to request application and other info.

Last year, this was my second major IDPA match ever.

Very by the book.

If you go, expect to have your holster inspected, your gun weighed, your concealment garment checked, and a sample of your ammo for the chrono.

Also, last year, it was an STI contigency match. At that time, I had no clue what that meant.

I do now, and I suppose the rest of you STI framed gun owners do too.

Mmmmm....me thinks that new "entry level" STI gun, the Spartan, might be worth the investment.

When I finally get the vids edited, I will upload them to video google, and I'll come back here with a link so you all can have a look-see.

• 2 weeks later...
2nd day everyone shoots AM, so you’ll start home early on Sunday afternoon.

I plan on attending this year. For planning purposes, how many stages will be shot on Sunday, and just how early do you expect the match conclude on Sunday Afternoon? I've got a 7 hour drive back to the house.

Thanks.

2nd day everyone shoots AM, so you’ll start home early on Sunday afternoon.

I plan on attending this year. For planning purposes, how many stages will be shot on Sunday, and just how early do you expect the match conclude on Sunday Afternoon? I've got a 7 hour drive back to the house.

Thanks.

Plan is to shoot 10 of the longer stages on Saturday and have the six Sunday stages be of the quick-running variety. You should be headed out home by around 2 PM.

• 1 month later...

After getting an email back from JJO, the MD, it sounds like it is going to be a VERY GOOD MATCH THIS YEAR!!!

There will be lots of props, movers, swingers, and bear traps (clamshells) is what I read in the email.

So yeah, sign up and plan on attending this two day event. Last year it was an STI contigency match. I don't know about this year.

All you STI owners might want to look into that!

• 3 weeks later...

127 shooters coming so far.

I'm probably #128, since my application went out Monday. ;) Reservations made at the match hotel too. Shooting SSR/EX. If STI made a round gun...:D

They're getting there, but they started with the CAS market. Check out the photo of the Texican from their website. ;)

Texican-main_800w.jpg