Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cycling Storms From The Gulf Of Mexico

SA Friday

So, any of you that has seen the news lately heard Colorado just got dumped on; most place on the front range got somewhere in the area of 2 feet. I live 40 miles from my job, and my new boss from Alabama just had to have me at work yesterday morning. About 1000, he realized there was a blizzard outside (even though I told him at 0630 that morning it was going to hammer us and it wasn't a good idea for everyone to go in) and sent everyone home. Ya, um, too late <_< .

So, I go for it anyway. I have a good 4x4 and lots of winter driving experience. I got all the way to I-25 and Monument before I called 'No Joy' and turned around. I am currently typing this on a computer at the Hilton Inn off of Interquest Parkway in Colorado Springs. The family is fine in Castle Rock, and I-25 just opened again within the last 10 minutes. The trucker's here did some calling and found that only one lane is open and it's traveling at 20 mph. Hmmmm, leave the safety of a warm and operational hotel to risk the most natorious mountain pass on I-25 in CO to try to make it home before dark and everything freezes again :wacko: .... Hmmmm, let me think about that one; NOT.

But I have to be very thankful right now. I saw a LOT of other drivers stuck on the side of the road at Monument (in cars mostly) as my Tacoma got me back to a nice hotel.

Do you know how boring an almost empty hotel is? I swear I had no idea that day-time TV SUCKED that bad. Thank God they have the internet here; BE is saving me.

PS, I'll be packing more clothes to and from work in the future....

Roger That Sean! :)

When travel/weather gets real dangerous I try to carry enough of the right clothes

to walk out of an intense situation. Up to and including a full faced motorcycle helmet.

FM

Roger That Sean! :)

When travel/weather gets real dangerous I try to carry enough of the right clothes

to walk out of an intense situation. Up to and including a full faced motorcycle helmet.

FM

Oh, I had plenty of winter clothes, enough to get anywhere I wanted.

I didn't have an extra pair of drawers though :wacko:

ya, I probably should have tried calling Carol and seeing if I could crash on her couch.

I'd a called you, but never got your cell. I'll have to get that from you next time I see you at a match. Hell, at least roll sizing would have been fun. Have you seen day time TV lately?

My boss called me the next day and offered me his couch, but I was afraid I might have a "26 round gun cleaning" accident. :ph34r:

Front Man, we got hammered again, about another foot. I made it home this time. Not as bad as the first storm here in Castle Rock, but I think the eastern plains got blasted. First time I've ever seen two different storms drop over 12" of snow within a week.

Forget trying to practice at the range right now :D

wow...actually see blue sky this morning..still plenty of snow out there though....wife took a spill on the driveway..and we spent an evening in the emerlgency room..no serious damage...but what a crazy place that is.....

Sean..you can always hole up here too if the need arises..just up the road from Pete.