Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Carry Gun Poll For Idpa Shooters

MichiganShootist

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I carry what I compete with....I change holster though. I carry either a S&W 625 or my XD-40...depending on where I am going. I change from Kydex holsters to leather High ride holsters though. The only time I change from this is if I am dressed up in a suit (suspenders...no belt....) then I will carry my Bersa in an ankle holster. Can't have that weight pull my drawers down...

As with most poll's the only answers that are available are not even close to the answer you want to submit. As with these No I do not carry the same gun as I shoot in a match. But I do carry the same model and size only it is 100% factory. My competition gun has a 3 lbs trigger fiber optic target sites, grip tape, mag well. All the things I need to give me the best edge to win a 90 round game when I competing against people with like equipment. In the real world we not only carry a gun to save our life or the life of a loved one we also must think of saving our financial lives from money hungry lawyers that will use the very gun we used to save our life against us in a court of law. So no I would never carry the same gun I use in competition. But I try to use one as close as possible and I always carry a bug gun just in case all hell brakes loose. I fear the day I have to use a BUG over my regular carry gun.

Just my .02

I shoot a variety of guns in IDPA, my favorite is a S&W Mdl 24. That's a .44 N frame with a 3" barrel and a bobbed hammer. I do love to carry it in a El Paso crossdraw holster and always take it on road trips.

But, when warm weather arrives here in NC, usually sometime in February, I'll carry a J frame .38 in a pocket holster around town.

I shoot Glocks both 34 and 19's but I carry an H&K P7M8 which, I have done since they first came out. (Im on my 3rd) I Like the Glocks and have professional instances where I am required to carry them which is why I shoot them most of the time.

• 4 weeks later...

I carry a combination of a J- frame .38 body gaurd, Kahr CW9, 5" 1911, Berreta .25 any two of these guns depending on how I am dressed. I also have a Gerber folder and a can of OC spray on me as well. I was a boyscout, be prepared! I carry 24-7-365. I have very little faith in a.25 auto but the berreta works and would be better than nothing.

Robin