Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Latest Aimpoint CompC model

Dennis Loh

1/Has anyone tried the new CompC which is supposed to last much longer(battery wise) and brighter? Only come with 4 min. dot and don't you think is a bit small for IPSC shooting?

2/What is the general opinion on 'tube vs. heads-up display type of scope.'It seems to me the heads-up display is more popular than the tube. The pros & cons of both types.

Yes, it is only available in 4 MOA and the batteries do last much longer thab in previous models.

However, I tested it but somehow I shall stay with the Comp XD 7 MOA model. Anyway, it seems to be pretty popular here in Northern Europe.

For further information, please check www.aimpoint.se

Rescator,

I would have thought so, 4 moa is just too small for IPSC shooting. I am used to at least a 8 moa. Anyway I will stick to my old Comp and if I need to change I will probably try the OKO sight which comes in 4,6 & 8 moa.

I think the minimum you can go down is a 6 moa for IPSC.

I bought a Comp-C when I couldn't find an XD.  The dot is very small and very bright... I wouldn't have thought it was possible to be *too* bright until I saw this... basically, if you turn it up, it looks bigger, but it flares pretty badly.  I'd like to trade it for an XD...

In answer to your other question, I've used both a Cmore and tube sights.  I really like the weight (or lack of) with the Cmore, but I find that I spend a lot less time hunting for the dot with a tube.  Granted, practice would probably help, too....

Bruce

BruceG,

You may try getting the 'XD' from Brownells or SSI. 'XD' do come in 8 moa.

I had that problem too when I first tried out the C-more and probably you are right. Give it sometime and practice and we will be able to find the dot on a C-more. At that time I bought the Comp & the C-more at the sametime and I just switched to the Comp when I found I had problem with the C-more. My Comp is the first generation type before the 'XD.' If I want to try the 'heads-up display' one more time I will go for the OKO.

• 2 years later...

Hey I have been shhoting a C more for about 6 years. All of a suddden I cant find the dot. I am assuming it is a pratice issue. Today I dusted off and old propoint. It was way easier to find the dot fast. This was on a pdpII. I stiil cant decide what I want to use. I think I would feel funny going back to the tube but I hate it when I cant find the *%$^^@## dot.

SSI Has Aimpoint CompC SM 7MOA right now, I just buy one last week, So far I like it better then my XD that I was using. They only come in Silver semi-matte finish.

Seconded. I went from the CompC 4 MOA to the 7 MOA from SSI and I'm happy. I've never tried the XD.

I've had a C-less and developed what I called the C-more shuffle. I switched to an XD and it broke. I then got a C model with the 4 moa dot and I love it Bright but not too bright and the dot is small for those occasional long shot. I am very happy with the C. I started with a Halosight. That that is a scope. A bit heavy but it was my all time fav.

Rob