Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New To Idpa- Questions

nhglyn

I have been shooting USPSA for 3 years (Open Class "A") but I do have an IDPA club in the area and would like to try IDPA matches.

I shot USPSA Production division for 1 summer with a Glock 34 and Production legal holster and mag pouches. Can I use this same gun and gear for IDPA matches? What division would that put me in? What else would I need to acquire to be in accord with IDPA rules?

Any and all input appreciated. Many thanks.

The 34 is great in IDPA SSP, if you put a magwell on it than ESP. The holster may be legal if when it is on the belt no light is visible through the belt loop and the holster doesn't stand off the body. Go to a local match and someone will be able to help you make that determination. The guide rod must be stock or made from the same material as the stock. I had some one make me a plastic one so I could change recoil spring weights more easily. Yuo can only care 2 mags on the belt. I made master with the 34 in both ssp and esp. As an A shooter in uspsa you should be able to as well.

chrisa006,

I see you are in Danbury, CT. I grew up in Georgetown and still have brothers there. Where do you shoot matches around there?

I read somewhere that I need a jacket to cover holster and pouches, yes? Suggestions?

Load 11 in the first one to get to a 10+1 start without fumbling with a Barney Bullet. Mark the magazine(s) you will do this with so you don't use one for a reload.

You are REQUIRED to start a stage loaded 10+1 (in SSP and ESP) unless the CoF specifies less or unless your standard magazine does not hold 10.