Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Winter Is Finally Here

Liota

We are currently getting our first measurable snow for the year. It is beautiful. The snow plow has been by at least twice. The stuff is falling fairly heavily. People were having snowball fights around midnight as they came back on base to go to bed. Their child-like laughter was much better than the usual drunken noise.

The weather is late coming. Last year it snowed throughout November and December, but only about three times after that. It's been unseasonably warm. Low temperatures at night are just now getting ready to dip to the high teens. I only wish I could go up to the DMZ today and see all the open fields covered in snow. It's a beautiful area on a warm day and must be absolutely gorgeous with snow on it. The great thing about the DMZ is that no one has stepped foot on that ground for fifty years, save some roe bucks and other local fauna.

I'll post pictures as soon as there's enough light for the camera. :)

Liota

Last winter was HARSH! I don't miss it at all. We've had unusually warm weather in NC this year which only makes our upcoming government sponsored vacation to Afghani-land that much more crappy. Snow and ice at altitude.

Oh well. 12 months will go by quick.

Rich

Here are the pictures, as promised. They are taken from the doorstep of my dormitory.

Enjoy. :)

Snow 1

Snow 2

Snow 3

Sun is coming out now, but it should last until tomorrow. :)

Edited for quick update: Stuff's pulling a Wicked Witch of The West routine...I'm melting!!!!

Liota

Edited by Liota

Yeah, the mountains are very pretty right now. The snow covers the dreariness of all the brown.

The sun came out full and strong today. The air was like a crystal, very clear, sparkly, crisp and clean. I was bundled up fairly well. It only got to about 24 today.

You have to enjoy how blue the sky is now. It won't be that way in about three and a half months. :)

Liota