Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eaa Witness Gold Team Mags

jasmap

Besides just from EAAcorp.com where can I find 18rd (or a higher cap if available) mags for my 38super EAA Gold Team? I have a great gunsmith lined up to build me a 170mm mag. Nothing against ordering from EAA, I just want to look around. Also good extended base pads that work well are needed. I received my Gold Team today and I thought I'd ask and see where else I can get mags, extended base pads, pieces, and parts for it. I saw on another post where the CPMi basepad was posted but does anyone know of anything else or anywhere else to look? Henning is in Norway for the Holidays and I've already received some info from him so I'll wait to question him more. Grauffel has good stuff but he wants waaaaay more money than I'm willing to pay. Thanks!

Edited by jasmap

No 18 rnds but 17 rnds from midway for $20....WHO IS YOUR GREAT 170mm guy?????????? Are you using .38super or .38 Super Comp(rimless)??CPMi for base pads but you will have to mill the inside of them....

Randal

Edited by DrawandDuck

Taylor Freelance is finalizing a design for a base pad.

CDNN has EAA and MEC-GAR mags for the Gold Team. The MEC-GAR mags need to be modified by grinding/cutting the indentations out at the bottom.

I am getting a machinist that also has a sheet metal shop to manufacture some 170's. I'll be giving him some mags this weekend to use as templates. He is going to make the dies and experiment with blank sizes over the Christmas / New Years break. I'll let y'all know how they turn out.

Taylor Freelance is finalizing a design for a base pad.

CDNN has EAA and MEC-GAR mags for the Gold Team. The MEC-GAR mags need to be modified by grinding/cutting the indentations out at the bottom.

I am getting a machinist that also has a sheet metal shop to manufacture some 170's. I'll be giving him some mags this weekend to use as templates. He is going to make the dies and experiment with blank sizes over the Christmas / New Years break. I'll let y'all know how they turn out.

Great, if this works out with "flying colors", those magazines could have a ready market. I, for one would be glad to sell them out of my store. Can you keep me posted on their possible ETA and final availablity, quantities and costs???

We are going to use either aluminum or a high density polymer for the first set of dies. He is going to cut the prototype blanks on a laser. If everything works out well, he is going to move to steel dies and subbing the die blank out to one of the shops he deals with at work. The first prototypes will be carbon steel. I would like the finished product to be out of the stainless STI used for the original mags they made 12 years ago, but we will see what works best. In preliminary figuring ( swag type of accounting ) the final cost of the mags/tubes is going to be less than STI tubes. After much thought we may make the tubes use STI sized base pads. I first thought the different internal size would be a problem, but with a +1, the follower will never run into anything.

I am going to meet with my machinist friend Sunday and we will try to get some idea when the prototypes can be done. That will give us an idea of actual cost and labor requirements.

I'll keep y'all posted.

Guys, Tanfoglio Makes a 170.... bombard EAA with some emails asking them to import them, we don't need to re-invent the wheel there is one.

CPMI base pads can be had from brownells. but do require some work, I have a machinist measuring some tanfoglio base bads that will be similar but different enough to the dawson design.

Hopefully by 2nd quarter 2006 I'll have parts in stock and a webstore up for small parts and the like. that way I can garentee stuff for me, students and friends is in stock when needed.

Jason, welcome to the Club man! Do i get to take credit for converting you ;)

about parts from Eric, I asked him quite a while ago price on a tuned 170, he replied $325 !!!! i asked about non tuned and he did not respond :(

Guys, Tanfoglio Makes a 170.... bombard EAA with some emails asking them to import them, we don't need to re-invent the wheel there is one.

Sometimes re-inventing is easier than dealing with mentally challanged companies!! :) Also, are there some kind of import laws on that high of capacity magazine they do not want to deal with or are they just not wanting to place them in a box and ship over to us?

Randal

CPMI base pads can be had from brownells. but do require some work, I have a machinist measuring some tanfoglio base bads that will be similar but different enough to the dawson design.

Hopefully by 2nd quarter 2006 I'll have parts in stock and a webstore up for small parts and the like. that way I can garentee stuff for me, students and friends is in stock when needed.

Jason, welcome to the Club man! Do i get to take credit for converting you ;)

about parts from Eric, I asked him quite a while ago price on a tuned 170, he replied $325 !!!! i asked about non tuned and he did not respond :(

Steve,

Of course you get all the credit. We've shot 2 major matches together and you've beat me both times.

I aksed Grauffel also and he gave me the same answer as you. It's about $325 US dollars and that's before shipping. There's NO way I'm paying that much. I'm sure it's great but that's too much for my wallet for just 1 mag.

Also, before you even posted this I had emailed EAA about the 170mm mags. If they can get these guns then surely they can get us 170 mags.

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum. I am also very interested in the 170mm mags. I have a Tanfoglio 9mm open major. I like this gun a lot. I like it so much that I am going to shoot it the entire next year in major level 3 matches. I have also been emailing EAA and Tanfoglio about importing the magazines. I think EAA is working/testing them??? But no outcome at this time. I also think that paying over $300 for a magazine it a little steep.

I just gotten to the point that I ordered several magazines from EAA and will be converting them into 170mm. I received confirmation that my mags are coming. I hope that my welder/machinist can make them. I will let you guys know of the outcome.

I am open to suggestions that you gentlemen have in fabricating this mags.

Merry Christmas to all.

• 2 weeks later...
I hope they back that up. I'm not sure why there is a hold up but they seem to be slowly moving along. At least they're moving.

I know what you mean. It took me over 2-3 months just to get my regular magazines from them. But the issue was a lot of people/retailers are buying mags.

I talked to Henning (sponsored shooter) and he is also waiting for the 170 mm mags also.

But for now all we can do is hope and wait. I for one will be trying to fabricate 170mm myself.

• 1 month later...

Got my 170mm mags that I sent off to the welder. It works great with the stock follower and spring but can't get the Grams set up to work. I am using it for 9mm. Check with Henning and he has not tried it at all in 9mm. Can anyone offer advice?