Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield Xd

GmanCdp

XD 9 works fine for Production and I expect the XD 40 is just as good downloaded to 135-140PF, below that there may be spring problems. The XD 40&45 are usable in L10 but Limited is not really an option because of lack of mag capacity. I am not sure I see any benefits over a Glock because spare parts are not available for an XD. Trigger jobs are subjective and a Vanek trigger compares to a Canyon Creek or Springer Precision in lightness but I like the pretravel/overtravel in my Springer better. The type of bullet (lead/jacketed) may be a deciding factor as an XD has cut rifling instead of the polygonal/octogonal barrel of the Glock.

It won Production Nationals (with Robbie shooting it of course) so I think it can hold it's own. I may be a bit partial though, as I work on them every day and they fit me nicely.

With Arrendondo base pads you can get 21 in the 9mm, 15 in the .40, and 16 in the .45.

I am a Glock man to the core, but the XD series is an excellent line of pistols. Having fired the 9 and 40 offerings with the Canyon Creek trigger job, I can say that the triggers are much nicer than a stock Glocks.

Also you can get a much nicer, Production legal extended magazine release on an XD. My big thing against XDs are that you cannot purchase replacement parts. If the striker/extractor/seer in my G34 breaks, I can drop in a replacement part in seconds...with an XD, I'd have to ship it off.

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

Also you can get a much nicer, Production legal extended magazine release on an XD. My big thing against XDs are that you cannot purchase replacement parts. If the striker/extractor/seer in my G34 breaks, I can drop in a replacement part in seconds...with an XD, I'd have to ship it off.

I hate to say you're wrong, but ........... You are wrong, my friend. :) I don't know of a legal XD extended mag release. It has to be made by the manufacturer, and the ones I've seen are aftermarket, or modified. Also you can get a great trigger (better than the Glock) but you surely can't do it yourself.

I know, I know ............... don't call me Shirley! B)

I hate to say you're wrong, but ........... You are wrong, my friend. :) I don't know of a legal XD extended mag release. It has to be made by the manufacturer, and the ones I've seen are aftermarket, or modified. Also you can get a great trigger (better than the Glock) but you surely can't do it yourself.

Canyon Creek's extended mag release IS production legal. That's been confirmed here several times.

Canyon Creek's extended mag release IS production legal. That's been confirmed here several times.

BOOYAH! Sweet vindication :D Take THAT Shirley :P

You remember when Bob was trying to explain how he removed the middle man in getting the extended mag release after the Ox match right? I don't completely agree with the legalities...but legal is legal.

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

Greg,

What are you doing? Stirring the pot? :(

nope...just got a new XD in 45acp..have'nt shot it yet..own several glocks...shoot them quit a bit..just didnt actually know how the other polymer/plactic guns do with the Glocks...i need to get classified in production..didn't know which [platform] plastic/polymer gun to start with..you know..XD..Glock XD.. GLock..alot of shooters in this area shot the XD's alot when they first came out and then have switched back to the Glocks

AND

oops... i didn't do a search...my fault..i see now that 14 topics down from this one would have answered all my questions...i'm just glad wide45 didnt read this.... :D

Edited by GmanCdp