Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Florida State Championship

On stage 2, there was one of the "pull a rope attached to a handle to give you an easier drop out target" deals. The stage description mentioned nothing on where the handle was to be placed at the start--or even that you couldn't start with it in your hand. Since there wasn't one RO crew that had worked the stage from the start, no good answer could be found, as it was left up to each embedded RO to make up the positioning of the handle (which was what ours did). And there was no way to know which RO, and their respective squad, came up with which start position. Did it matter to me? Well, yes and no. I didn't pull the handle, but had I been given free reign to come up with some off the wall start (because the stage description made no mention of where the handle was supposed to be, and it was not "fixed" to anything), I might have been able to come up with a better way--and someone in another squad with a different RO may very well have done that.

That being said, it was a great match that I enjoyed thoroughly. I liked the "start anywhere you want" wide open stages, with a great mix of shooting challenges. Manny should be commended.

I was an RO for the match; and at the RO walkthrough, Stage 2 was discussed. We were told that the shooter could not start with the rope in his or her hand and that the rope could be placed anywhere the shooter wanted it.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SHARYN you were never accused of a conspiracy or anyone else.

Wow, that's quite a post. I never thought I was accused of anything, just was attempting to absorb some of the blame. I was at fault too, just ignorant of my wrong-doing.

Just because you were standing 20' away, doesn't mean you should know what really happened. I think you're assuming some things. Here's my perspective of the situation... (not word for word, but close enough).

Eric said reshoot and paste 'em. He made that mistake. I'm not sure what members of our squad were ACTUALLY listening, paying attention and aware of this. I, for one, AS THE SCOREKEEPER, didn't know anything was amiss. I'm sorry that you doubt Eric's character and integrity. I do know that Shannon had just shot before Jay and was at his bag performing post-run procedures. He was not aware of the situation until much later.

I yelled to Jay and asked where he wanted to be put in the shooting order... would he be ready to shoot next, or should I put him last?

I think it was Sam that asked me why Jay got a reshoot and I replied that Eric stopped him for a squib. At this point, the targets were already pasted. I think it was Sam that approached Eric and told him that Jay was not entitled to a reshoot for a squib... Eric can correct me on that if I'm wrong. Honestly, I can't account for Sam's location. He wasn't ROing and he wasn't scorekeeping.

At this point, Jay was NOT going to receive a reshoot.

When our squad was done shooting, I approached Shannon and asked him what to do with Jay's scoresheet. He said, "turn it in with the rest of them". I asked if I should write a DNF on it or what should I do. He looked at the scoresheet and said, "you didn't score him?" I said, "no, I thought it was a reshoot." And, Shannon said, "Well, you have to have a score to input... now it IS a reshoot." What were we supposed to do?... make up a score???? How would that impact the integrity of our sport?????

I'm not sure what the first conversation was with the RM was, but Sam pulled out his rulebook and looked for the exact rule that would apply, 5.7.6.1. Sam WAS NOT supportive of the reshoot UNTIL he found out we didn't score the run.

At this point, JAY WAS ENTITLED TO A RESHOOT PER THE RULES, as Shannon had stated.

From your post, I get the impression that you are not only questioning Eric's integrity, but Sam's as well. That's really unfortunate. :(

Any bets on how long before this gets closed????

I think its coming quickly... ;) That tends to happen when people start calling other people names....

I think Cliff is a jerk!

NOW things are back to normal!! :D