Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&p 45

Bryan W

cool, saw that gun last month in Wichita Falls, glad Finney found someone to pick it up!

thanks for the info on the .45 and the sights - I think I kinda like that whole safety thing. My thumb always feels naked without one... ;)

I got to finger bang Ernie's post prototype with the black frame at the Area 6-3 gun a couple weeks ago. He said the safety will be a drop in option for the 45. It will be as easy as removing the sear block and dropping one in with the safety. The non safety sear block is supposed to have ears on it that fill the cuts in the frame for the safety levers. From what I gathered they are still working on some dimensional issues for final production. It was designed to be a 10+1 gun but an extended mag was also going to be produced for additional capacity. The slide looked slightly longer than the .40 and 9. Ernie said the sight radius was the same as the government model. The grip size remained the same as the .40 and 9. the feel of the safety felt very similar to the 1911. I even rested my thumb on it and it was very comfortable and ergonomic. I believe S&W has hit one out of the park with the release of the M&P and Ernie only wants to keep taking it further. He has plans on giving Glock a run for their money if his plans pan out.