Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Modest Proposal - Standardize 'major'

EricBudd

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One division works if you don't care about all those shooters you are going to loose, but frankly, this sport has never had the mass appeal of golf or SASS or even tennis...where mediocrity is acceptable...you don;t have to shoot 65 to have a good day on the links, you don;t have to win the shooting if your outfit is first class in SASS, and if you work up a sweat playing tennis, ok....but this sport shows exactly how strong or weak a shooter you are....works for me too...but it would be even better if Open did not have all the advantages...limit the rounds in Open and make 9mm major everywhere and THEN it would be fun...cause without the big stick mag and the round count advantage, and 9mm major in Limited, Open is just an overweight, pistol with a battery operated sight...no real advantage... ;) I know the Open guys don't want to hear that, but it is a fact.

they are approaching the question from the wrong end...getting rid of L10 is not the answer, reigning in Open might be a better option.. B)

One division works if you don't care about all those shooters you are going to loose, but frankly, this sport has never had the mass appeal of golf or SASS or even tennis...where mediocrity is acceptable...you don;t have to shoot 65 to have a good day on the links, you don;t have to win the shooting if your outfit is first class in SASS, and if you work up a sweat playing tennis, ok....but this sport shows exactly how strong or weak a shooter you are....works for me too...but it would be even better if Open did not have all the advantages...limit the rounds in Open and make 9mm major everywhere and THEN it would be fun...cause without the big stick mag and the round count advantage, and 9mm major in Limited, Open is just an overweight, pistol with a battery operated sight...no real advantage... ;) I know the Open guys don't want to hear that, but it is a fact.

they are approaching the question from the wrong end...getting rid of L10 is not the answer, reigning in Open might be a better option.. B)

Really, then why are the Open HF on the classifiers higher than Limited HF ?

My open gun isn't overweight. It weighs 39 oz. with a 5" slide and no holes in it. :D

That said, you can always figure a 10% advantage due to the comp and a 10% advantage due to the dot. That's why hit factors between Open vs. Limited fall in the 10-20% range in differential.

Rich

Open is just an overweight, pistol with a battery operated sight...no real advantage... I know the Open guys don't want to hear that, but it is a fact.

they are approaching the question from the wrong end...getting rid of L10 is not the answer, reigning in Open might be a better option..

Great ... I just bought a $3000 non-existant Open gun. Thanks TL!

The game will become a gimmicky game of how many rounds can I stuff in a pistol...Well welcome to today's world...what do you think it is NOW....that is exactly what has happened...either return to those thrilling days of yesteryear and make major really mean something (10/40 +) or cap the mags at 126mm and let everyone deal with that...makes all divisions closer and more competitive...

+10