Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rifle Only Match?

Hi folks,

Let me start by saying that the 3 clubs closest to me are not good places to host a rifle only match (not enough room). But......

I just happen to know a good bunch of guys at a range in Anniston Alabama that just hosted the A-6 3gun match that has 2 nice places to stretch you out but not take you to the next county......(With a couple of shotgun side matches? ;) )

Maybe...................

Alabama Section Rifle match?????

Mark???

Looks like you could easily get 60+ shooters...................

I'd bet $$$$$ you can get plenty of help.

I also have a friend in Louisiana that has a most excellent range that with some time and organizational skills would be a premier place................only hitch is there is not any local help aside from the owner of the land so actuall set up and destroy would be a major undertaking.

But.................

Like when I started this thread it was to see how much interest is out there not just because I wondered, but to let others know if they had such an idea too.

Oh and all who have offered, Thanks for all the offers of help and I might take you up on them. Or any one else who might attempt something like this.

Hopalong/Sam

A Rifle only format has been sucessful at both the New York State Championship, to be held 4/28 and 4/29 and Topton scheduled for June 30 and July 1. Both matches sold out year. NY is near Binghamton NY and Topton is near Allentown PA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys...just came across this one.....I am the match director for the USPSA/IPSC matches at steel city (www.scssa.org). We are currently expanding the range but we are still a long ways away. We have completed 7 pistol bays and we are in the process of digging 5 more. we have a 200, 600 and 1000 yd rifle ranges under construction. I started the IPSC matches in june so we are in the process of acquiring props, mainly steel. We have submitted a proposal to the BOD for approval to spend $7,000 for poppers, flash targets, texas star, plate racks, etc. and hopefully we will receive approval soon. Right now I am not capable of handling any big matches. I am able to put on a quality pistol matches with 6 stages per month though. I will not undertake a large match until I am capable of putting on the HIGHEST QUALITY match possible, I'm just that way and I know have FORGIVING you guys are when things dont go just right <_< . Give me a couple of years and then will will ALL be headed to Birmingham!!!!

Thanks

Randal

Edited by DrawandDuck