Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Match In 9 Months

stingerjg

I havent been shooting at all for the last 8 months, because ive been in Iraq. Tues i went to the local indoor match. We shoot one stage 2 times through. My first run i did ok on, but i wanted to improve my time and my hits. The second run i was pulling into the second area of targets. I was trying to shoot as i was coming into the area. When i attempted to stop moving, my feet kept going. I fell flat on my ass.

Ive been shooting for about 11 years and ive never came even close to falling down. The whole thing was like slow motion, me feeling my body going down and watching the gun the whole time to make sure i didnt DQ. I ended up finishing the stage, but i did it limping. My back has been sore for the past few days.

Oh well, live and learn.

I've seen a few "yardsales" and luckily they all ended like your story, the gun stayed safe and 2 weeks later they were feeling just fine.

I only have gone down one time, and I was leaning through a window in a barricade when the barricade fell over. I was laughing pretty hard and they gave me a reshoot 10 minutes later so I can't complain.

Shoot buddy - don't worry about it.

I think it was my last nationals that I was shooting a course, tripped, and did a full out face forward slide! You're entitled to a slip and fall every now and again.

Welcome home and Thanks for serving!

Jack

Don't you love those slow motion falls. One time I lost my balance when I ran up to a door and yanked it opened. I already had a two handed grip on the gun as I was falling onto my butt. The entire time the sights were dead smack in the middle of the A zone and I was debating whether or not to pull the trigger. Figured it probably wouldn't have been a good idea.

Welcome home.

Justin,

Welcome home bro. Glad you FINALLY are back (as I'm packing my Tuff Box up this weekend). <_<;)

Stuff happens. I ate it going into a barrel on a gravely course (Bay 5 on the hill at Richmond RGC for those keeping score). Hit the brakes and slid in feet first. Still engaged from my ass and finished the stage.

At least it's not on video.

Take care brotha and hope to shoot with you when I come back.

Rich