Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are The Top Production Shooters Moving To 40?

vincent

The reason I shoot a XD in .40 is so I can shoot it both in production and limited 10. Can't really be competitive with it in Limited like the glock guys though. So if you have a G35 you could shoot 3 divisions with one gun pretty much. It also saved me from having to have 2 guns worked, a 9 and a .40. I'm sure I'll get a 9 and do the same to it though eventually...then I'll put a magwell on the .40 yeah...thats what I'll do....christmas is coming!

Edited by steel1212

With the new forum rules I can no longer edit the top post with the new info. People will just have to sort through the entire thread.

Edit in Top 16 section:

Bob Vogel - G35?/40?

Added to second list:

Todd Sindelar - G22/40

Steve Moneypenny - Tangfolio/9mm

----------

It does look as though 9mm is quite a bit more popular than .40 minor for the top shooters.

I also expect that with the World Shoot qualifiers coming up there will be some folks switching to 9mm due to the capacity advantage (for those matches run under IPSC rules).

Thanks for all the info!

• 1 month later...

I think this thread has already been discussed but did anyone at the 2006 production nationals use down-loaded 40S&W for production or was everyone shooting 9mm. I thought I remember reading a thread on this but the search function hate sme and won't give me the link to the thread no matter how nice I ask.

Thanks

mcb

Flex,

I was talking to Bob V. one Sunday at Miamisburg and I believe he was using the Precision 155 gr. moly coated bullet at that time. I was in the same squad and did not notice much smoke on the indoor stage. He said he liked the light bullet because it had a quick pulse.

I ordered 3K from Precision and loaded them with TG. I had more smoke than Bob but not bad at all. I have less junk on my hands after loading these than the exposed base FMJ'S.

The Precision 40's are currently selling for $52. per K (bulk order 3K) delivered. Great accuracy. But I still don't shoot like Bob.

www.precisionbullets.com/

To compare I just ordered 6K, Zero 9mm fmj's $323. total delivered. Thats $53.80 per K. The lady said they are going to have a price incerease after the first of the year.

JFS

I may only be a B class, but I have tried 40 minor and 9mm. Personnally, I went back to 9mm. I felt the slide cycled faster with the 9 loads. And if I ever ran short on my ammo I could always get plenty of the 147gr match ammo from Atlanta Arms.