Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Here It Is...kimber Eclipse

Tolly

Well guys, after kicking around about a million different options to get started in Single Stack and Limited 10, and even buying a new series 70 Colt to send off for modification, I have changed direction again. I was in the local Mom and Pop gunstore last Saturday looking at Springfield Loadeds when I noticed one of the girls put out a new Kimber Eclipse Custom II in the case. I asked to check it out and after a few minutes I told her to box it up and make me a deal. I bought the gun along with two KimPro Tac mags for $1015.00 out the door tax included which is cheaper than I could even find it anywhere online. I plan on breaking it in soon and I will be shooting it in SS and Limited 10 for now until I have something built just for games. Now I just need to find a holster that will work and order a bunch of Tripp's CobraMags along with various other odds and ends and I should be set. Here she is...

10-19-2006-40.jpg

I wish kimber would put brown safety, EGW slide stops and Etreme engineering hammer, sears and disconnectors in thier guns...and with the loss of the external extractor and the addition of these parts they would indeed have at top-grade pistol.

my 2 centavos.

harmon

That is a fine looking pistol you have there! Not much to do with that except practice practice and more practice. Eventually you MAY want to add a magazine well to it, but that is, of course, your choice.

It sounds like you have a handle on good QUALITY magazines, which I think is one of the most important aspects of keeping a 1911 purring along.

Good luck, and have fun!

Tolly

Nice blaster indeed and a very good choice. Hard to go wrong with Kimber they offer a lot of value and quality. Go burn up a couple thousand rounds and break her in! Sights, mag wells etc are personal choices and easy to change in the future. Nice picture thanks for sharing it with us.

I think you made the best choice! Even if you just stand around and don't shoot, you'll look like a million bucks with that gun on your rig!!! These days for the money, a Kimber is hard to beat...

Mick

A27257