Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&w 610 For Competition...

LakeshoreShooter

I just purchased a model 610 from one of the broker sites on the net. It is a beautiful revolver and love to look at it almost as much as I like to shoot it. It's the 4" -3 model and is an N frame. Big ole' gun and a bit of heft to it. I have mainly been shooting plastic bottom feeders in USPSA and plan to use this revolcer in both USPSA, and IDPA. Is there a holster for for the N frame that is widely used in competition? I have probably 20 full moon clips and 12 half moons. Is the full moon pretty much the only clip used. Any reccomendations on a set-up for gear? I've much stuff for auto's but would like to circumvent "trial and error" in buying equipment for my 610....so ask the folks that already compete with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

Hello Lakeshore

I've shot the 610 for the past 3 summers

Here's some data

blade-tech holster belt slide

shoot the moon holders for IDPA

Blade-Tech double stack holders for IPSC 3 in front

2 shoot the moons in back

Rimz plastic moon clips (these only work in the 610) they don't work in anything else

180 gr Berrys Mfg. round nose bullets (plated)

5.3 gr win. WST powder ( 171,000 pf)

OAL 1.125

Hope this will help you avoid some land mines...

welcome to the "WHEEL WORLD"

Gary

+1 on the RIMZ... I've recently switched over to them exclusively for competition after I had a death jam (Yes, Moon clipped revos can have those) when one of my metal clips was used that was ever so slightly bent on my attempt at a classifier recently. The bummer is, I just purchased 40 of the metal clips from Dillon and now are relegating them to practice. The RIMZ work 100% in my 610-2.

Vince

Hello Lakeshore

Here's some data

Rimz plastic moon clips (these only work in the 610) they don't work in anything else

OAL 1.125

Gary

This may be a silly question but are you using 40 S&W cases or 10mm with this load?

Hello Lakeshore

Here's some data

OAL 1.125

Gary

This may be a silly question but are you using 40 S&W cases or 10mm with this load?

Probably 40's. I use almost the same load...I use 5.4 gr ofWST

I just purchased a model 610 from one of the broker sites on the net. It is a beautiful revolver and love to look at it almost as much as I like to shoot it. It's the 4" -3 model and is an N frame. Big ole' gun and a bit of heft to it. I have mainly been shooting plastic bottom feeders in USPSA and plan to use this revolcer in both USPSA, and IDPA. Is there a holster for for the N frame that is widely used in competition? I have probably 20 full moon clips and 12 half moons. Is the full moon pretty much the only clip used. Any reccomendations on a set-up for gear? I've much stuff for auto's but would like to circumvent "trial and error" in buying equipment for my 610....so ask the folks that already compete with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

I have the Limcat "ghost" holster for my 610. I doubt there is a faster holster. Not very useful off range, though.