Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

400 Corbon

hiropro

I want to get back into shooting this. I used it as a hunting round. Yet I would like to tray a comp or 2 with it. What loads do youhave that wold make major. I have large amounts of bothe AA2 and 231. Got any loads using these 2 that may work for me?

The load data is kinda spotty on this round but I would love to give it a go. I have quite a bit of brass too. I do think I may pick up some starline though.

Cheers Hiro

• 1 month later...

Flex - the 400 Corbon is basically a 45 Auto necked down to 40. As I recall, the 40 Super is similar, but with differences in the neck length, and, perhaps, shoulder angle.

Hiro, it is a wildcat not commonly seem, especially in competition. It can be used, but load data, as you've seen, is not readily avaialble. Check with Corbon to see what they may have for it.

Otherwise, it would likely be best to get a 45 Auto barrel fitted and use that for competition.

Guy

Being a bottlenecked cartridge and having a relatively large overbore as far as case diameter you are going to need to use a very slow powder. I think I would be looking at AA#9, 2400, or H110. These are powders that worked well in the 9x25 which should share some of the charateristics on the 400 Corbon. I am not aware of any published reloading data for the 400 Corbon so I would proceed carefully.