Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 North Texas Section Championship

Just noticed this hadn't made the enosverse yet.

Looks like it'll be a fun match - each north Texas club contributed stages (and I know the two I submitted will be fun :D ) and hopefully some awesome fall weather will make the day go by that much better.

As many of ya'll know, Robert Porter always puts on a good time, hope to see some folks from the enosverse later this month...

North Texas Section Championship

Stages Designed and to be RO Staffed By: All North Texas Section Clubs

Match Location Host: Double Tap Ranch Gun Club, Wichita Falls, TX

October 28, 2006

Rain Date: October 29th, 2006

(RO’s Shoot Match : Oct 21-22 After Match Set-up)

MATCH FEE: $75 ($100 if postmarked after September 30th)

Make Checks Payable to:

Michael Clark, North Texas Section SC

Trophy & Medallion Only Match

(Plaques HOA in class, Medallions 2nd and 3rd with 5 per classy pre-registered)

Bucket Raffle to Follow the Match

(Bucket Raffle with Paid entry, Additional Raffle Tickets will also be available for sale)

Shooters Meeting at 8:30am, Match Starts at 9:00 am

9 Courses of Fire, 1 Classifiers, 235 (+) Rounds

Mail Application Entry and Entry Fee to:

Michael Clark, North Texas Section SC,

Attn: North Texas Championship,

8505 Concord Drive, Rowlett, TX 75089

Contacts:

Michael Clark, Section Coordinator (972) 743-6646 rgrshooter@comcast.net

Robert Porter, Club Match Host (940) 692-3846 scorch@doubletapranch.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NAME____________________ USPSA#__________CLASS___

ADDRESS_________________ PHONE # _______________

CITY____________ STATE____ ZIP_______

OPEN LIMITED LIMITED 10 PRODUCTION REVOLVER SINGLE STACK MAJOR MINOR

Categories: Super Senior Senior Lady Junior

(10 competitors per Division / 5 per category pre-registered to Qualify for Awards)

MEMBER NORTH TX SECTION? YES NO (2007 Nationals Slots)

MEMBER OF WHAT NORTH TEXAS CLUB: ____________________

Email Address to confirm Entry, Match Results, and SC/Club Match News Updates:

EMAIL ADDRESS: ___________________________________

Well, there will be at least one out-of-state (kinda, TX resident stationed in CO) at the match. I figure my in-laws in Denton use me to visit CO, so I'll use them to shoot this match :rolleyes: See you all there.

Hopefully, I will have another one or two Colorado'ins in tow.

• 2 weeks later...

I know Robert is busy catching up after being at Nats all last week - you may also want to touch base with Mike Clark, our section co-ordinator. You can get his contact listing off the North Texas Section website (via the Area 4 site...)

Hope to see you there.

<_< How many openings are left? ? and how late can I sign up?

I am realy hopping to earn a slot at national for next year

JF

In an email from the North Texas SC today...

...Spread the word we still have slots open for match...

Catfish,

Can I sign up at the door?

I'de love to go, but I'm not sure if I can get the weekend off from work, If I do, I'll drive up there Friday night.

' hate to mail my entry now and not get the weekend off.

...Can I sign up at the door?

I'de love to go, but I'm not sure if I can get the weekend off from work, If I do, I'll drive up there Friday night.

Hate to mail my entry now and not get the weekend off.

If you are able to remedy your work situation, bring your gear & money on Saturday...you'll get to shoot.

If you are able to remedy your work situation, bring your gear & money on Saturday...you'll get to shoot.

Great! I'll find someone at work that's willing to switch days wit me. Thanks!

Yep, Joesy beat me to it - Mike Clark sent us a note stating something to the effect of print off the entry form, bring it and your entry fee and your gear to the match and you'll have a spot.

Hope to see you there, have a safe trip from down south!

Well, wouldn't you know it.... Was going to leave thursday morning and drive there. OOOHHHH no, CO weather can't cooperate like that. Big huge blizzard moving in Late tonight and into Thursday, expecting 6 to 12 inches of snow right where I need to drive through :angry: .

Oh well, we'll leave tonight and beat the storm. Once I get to Amarillo, we'll be OK. The in-laws will just have to feed me for one extra day ;) . Going to have the wife drive so I can study the stages for a bit. Looks like a lot of back and forth from left to right etc.

Forgot to ask earlier, are the stages open for viewing on Friday?

Made it! 85 degrees sunny, and the pool in the back yard is great. Swung by the range on the way down to make sure I knew how to find it. The gate was locked :(

Will shooters be allowed to walk the stages on Friday? If so, I'll drive up.

No luck. :angry:

Hopefully next year I'll get to shoot with you guys.

Good luck to all who's going. Have fun and safe shooting!

Just wanted to say--- great match, lots of fun....... excellent stages.

If you missed it...(and even if you didn't)...... make SURE you make the Doubletap Championship this coming year!! Thanks to all involved in making it a success.

-Mike

Good match, just the right size for the less agile. Great weather, RO's and staff. Fun Holloween theme but I have to work on my candy unwrapping.

There was considerable discussion about the speed differences between watermelon and lemon. I'm just glad we didn't have to do Tootsie Rolls because the lock time is so high. :lol:

SA Friday joined our squad and was a welcome addition. Enjoyed shooting with you and hope your trip home was uneventful. Start making plans to get back for the DTC. March weather should be almost the same.

Great work folks, thanks a bunch!

David C

It was a good match, and the weather was awesome! Got back last night to 32 degree temps. I am definately planning on going back down for the DT match in March, but I don't think I'll be planning on shooting L-10 all by myself again :blink:. The match flowed really smooth, and the facility is a great set-up, and as usual the local shooters were good people.

Steve informed me of a steel match at the Dallas pistol club the Sunday after the match, so I drove down there and bruned another 300 or so rounds the next day (thank god for over-packing). Wow, 12" steel plates at 30+ yards.... 2 1/2" steel plates at 7 yards.... Talk about intimidating. Really pointed out when I wasn't concentrating on my sights and trigger control.

It was a great vacation.