Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dave Sevigny

Chuck D

I've been around this game as a competitor and fan for 20 years now but this Sevigny character is the single most gifted talent I've ever witnessed. Who else has:

1. Won championships with nearly bone stock to completely bone stock pistols. This guy has won an IPSC World Championship with a bone stock G17 and just reciently won the USPSA Limited Division Championship with a nearly stock G35. Not to be forgotten are the numerous National Championships and major match wins in SSP and Production Division.

2. He wins with "dirt cheap, readily available" equipment. No one gets better use out of a 65 dollar kydex holster and an 700 dollar (on the high side) pistol. You can go out and purchase 3 G35's for what most of the top 16 in Limited Division have spent on their one match gun and buy another 3 holsters for the price of the one he uses and consistantly gets sub 1 second draws from. Serious food for thought.

3. Approachable. Write the guy an e-mail....he'll answer it. Say hi...he'll carry on a conversation that doesn't seem forced, rehearsed, or hurried. Ask for a tip...you get a lesson. These are qualities every aspiring professional shooter should pay close attention to.

Dave is an "all around" marketing package worthy of a TGO type sponsorship deal from Glock.

Congrats and thanks Dave...keep on kickin' tail. ;)

Edited by Chuck D

Dave is the marketing opportunity that I hope USPSA has been waiting on to fight that "I need a $2500 racegun to shoot USPSA" misconception that won't go away on it's own.

If Glock doesn't take care of him, then someone else most certainly will. S&W should be calling him daily.