Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Glide

TimBoettcher

Yep, I use the lite on my open gun in every area that needs lube. The only place I use regular oil is the hammer hook and sear engagement points.

Ditto that - except that I use a lithium based grease in the mainspring housing. Lighter weight than SG lite, but stays in place. And, I use JP Trigger Prep (moly compound) on my sear/hammer engagement.

I use it on my SV Limited gun but not on my open gun. When I had my Brazos gun built Bob said to only use oil on the rails and not to use any grease. I asked him about Slide Glide and he said not to.

I use it on my SV Limited gun but not on my open gun. When I had my Brazos gun built Bob said to only use oil on the rails and not to use any grease. I asked him about Slide Glide and he said not to.

I use the Lite on my Open gun most of the time. However, I found it to be a problem at the last Double Tap match. My Open gun was gagging due to the red clay dust getting in the gun. I dissassembled the gun and the SG was loading up on the dust to become almost a paste.

I cleaned the gun and removed the SG. I then reoiled with Militec and had no more problems the remainder of the matcn.

So under most conditions, I like the SG but if I know conditions will be dusty, I use Militec.