Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Michigan 2006 Idpa State Championship

banjobart

This was the biggest and best IDPA match I have ever attended. It included 10 big stages with elaborate props, movers, electronic sensors, a huge airliner, a dark house and a messy basement. Every aspect of match manangement was attened to and handled in the most professional manner. There was not a single dispute, the officiating was fair and friendly. This match was a model for all other IDPA clubs to follow. Hats off and many thanks to the Raccoon Hunters Club and the staff!

+1 on Banjo Bart's comments.

Overall I did fairly poorly but I did especially well on Stage 8 (as I won it, tied with a couple of other shooters).

It was an untimed COF with two poppers and two very, very fast disappearing sliding targers.

It felt very good to be able to actually see the sights lifting of the target as it speed by. I never knew I could do that without a red dot!

THANKS to the MD and the great staff (and stages from IDPA clubs in MI and NW OH) for a tremendously enjoyable match.

Sam Spiteri

Here's a copy of my email to the match director:

Jack, I just wanted to drop you an additional email and thank you and your staff again for a GREAT State IDPA match. This was my 4th State level IDPA/IPSC match and this was the most challenging and fun match I have ever shot. Kudos to you and your staff for all the hard work and great stages. I can’t wait until next year’s match knowing it will be held again next year at your terrific shooting facility.

I agree that this was the best major match (out of about twenty IDPA/USPSA state, regional, and national) that I have attended.

The stages and general operation of the match were top notch. On average the stages were a much more challenging test that I have even heard about. Lots of technology was implemented including the use of some pretty cool robotics driven by motion detectors. And EVERYTHING WORKED!!!! Every stage had a club Match Director or Asst. Director in charge so scoring was fast and accurate.

They say the devil is in the details---- Not to worry...How about!!!!

Seamless and fast registration

A wonderful FREE HOT breakfast for everyone every day

Great FREE hot lunches ordered in advance to the shooters taste

Plenty of FREE morning coffee

FREE soft drinks with lunch

A nice selection of vendors offering their wares

Great FREE tee shirts

FREE prize table drawing (including some really nice guns)

Did I mention almost everything was FREE???????

What a great job by BIg Jack and his entire crew!!!!!!!!!!

Now if they could only change the wording on my plaque from Second Place to First Place.... it would be perfect.

I'm going to go register now for next year.

Just a quick note regarding the 2006 MI State match:

This was the first chance I had to shoot a State level match, and WOW, what a great time!

Jack and the staff at the Raccoon club setup a phenomenal match. From the food to the prizes, everything was setup perfect!

I can't wait to sign up for next year.

Jack, hats off to you and the fine staff, as well as all the behind the scenes volunteers, who helped to make this match a huge success and a ton of fun!

THANK YOU!!!!

What Bart said! A great test of fast as well as distance shooting, and some very sophisticated / clever stages. Did I mention the weather was perfect!

It’s good to see that the Michigan Shootist will be signing up for next year.

Thanks to Jack and his staff and to our loyal AC (he’s always there for us ...)

Jeff B

This was my first major / sanctioned IDPA match and I have to admit the bar has been set very high for future matches. The stages were diverse with each one presenting it's unique set of challenges for the shooter. Most importantly for me, the match was extremely enjoyable, run safely and by the book. Many thanks to Jack Allen, WCRHC crew and volunteers for putting in the extra effort to run a first class match. I definitely plan on attending again next year.

Signed,

D.Lee

Edited by standby

Hello All,

First of all, hat's off to Jack Allen and Carl Andrews for organizing the match, and the SO's at WCRHA for stepping up to the plate and doing a terrific job. Thanks to the MD's and SO's from the other clubs for designing the best stages I've ever seen. The excellent attitude of the shooters made this an enjoyable event.

I had the honor of being one if the SO's for the 2006 Michigan State Match. I worked bay 10 "Automation Alley".

I'd like to recognize Garry Hagar from Advanced Target Systems ( advancedtargetsystems.com, 248.227.4921) for the design of the system used for stage 10. He invented a fully automated, electronic target, computer monitered target system from the ground up. Without this stage, the event was excellent. His invention in my opinion pushed it over the top.

This system uses light sensors that are activated by the motion of the shooter to activate and de-activate targets. There were 9 targets, and each target either turned, flipped up, exposed only the head, and an array of other movements. When the shooter passed through the sensor, the next target would open and the previous target would disappear. The speed at which the targets appeared and disappeared was based upon how fast the shooter moved through the course.

This was even challenging for the Master level shooters. But get this... is that it was set to one of the simple and slowest settings. My words don't do justice in explaining how sophistocated and cool this system is.

I am not affialiated with Gary's company. I am not receiving any kind of compensation for writing this and Garry did not ask me to "talk-up" his product. In fact I first met Garry and saw his system during set-up the night before the SO's shot the match. I just like to recognize excellence, and his invention is one that will advance our sport.

I look forward to an even more challenging stage next year.

Sincerely,

R. Palmer

• 2 weeks later...

This was the most challenging IDPA match yet! Stages were awesome. Many thanks to Jack and his crew.

The dark stage put on by my club, Linden Sportsmen Club, challenged even the best. At least I can say I beat Vogel on one stage. Bob knows what he's got to work on in the off season ;)

I can't wait till next year's MI State championship.

Dick Lichon

• 3 weeks later...

hi to all the great shooters that i know and the new shooters i had the privaliage to meet that came and shot at our club for the 2006 michigan idpa state shoot. :D

i would also like to thank all my staff and support staff with out you guys we would never been able to make this a great one. :wub:

i would also like to thank all the clubs that joined us in this event, linden sportsman club, tri-county sportsman club, fulton county sportsman club, linwood bay sportsman club, black creek sportsman club, and gary hagar advanced target systems. they really made this the great one and made me set the bar higher for 2007 idpa state match.

my sponsors were also outstanding, firing line, target barn, firearmexchange, michigan ammo. :D

the 2007 them is called "the shooters dream"

i look forward to another great season thanks to all of the great shooters and new freinds we meet.

jack allen michigan idpa match director 2006/2007