Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom Limited Blaster

Matt Cheely

Ok Paul, I'm bored so here's the history of my limited guns.

1st gun, Bedell Spitfire. Long wide dustcover, lightened slide. Shot great, only reason I changed was to try the next gun in line...post-4907-1177701054.jpg

2nd gun was a Bedell Lightning with the unported hybrid barrel. Very heavy in front, put doubles really close together without trying, but didn't transition so great. Couldn't tell much if any difference in tracking the front sight with major loads.post-4907-1177701203.jpg

3rd gun, short dustcover lightened slide. I really liked the feel of the lighter gun. Transitioned faster and felt more balanced in my hand.post-4907-1177701274.jpg

4th gun, short dustcover, extremely lightened slide. I don't notice that it flips anymore than the last gun, transitions really well and cycles fast. Still getting used to it, I have only put 3000 rounds down range.post-4907-1177701391.jpg

Any questions about the differences, feel free to ask. :)

I fondled the last one about a week ago and it is LIGHT, feels like it is sitting IN your hand and not hanging from it. It has to be right around 35 ounces if not a hair lighter. I didn't shoot it but I think it would be sharp and VERY fast. Well fit, well built, and nicely finished too. That is a really nice blaster!

I really AM a puss, even a much heavier 40 is sharp to me. Doesn't have the push of a 45 or the lack of recoil in a 9. I never notice any of that in a match, but they feel sharp to me when sighting in or something like that. I do shoot the lighter and sharper guns much better IN a match personally, and haven't met a gun that was too light yet.