Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 650 Reload Question

I have not received my 650 yet. I have 2,500 cases that have been deprimed, resized, and belled on my old single stage press. Can I use these cases and start them on the powder stage not having to resize them? They don't have primers yet either.

I have not received my 650 yet. I have 2,500 cases that have been deprimed, resized, and belled on my old single stage press. Can I use these cases and start them on the powder stage not having to resize them? They don't have primers yet either.

You certainly could do that on a 550. I 'm not sure how much different a 650 is from a 550 in basic operation though.

Did you buy the 650 with the automatic case feeder?

If you did purchase the case feeder then I would just toss them in the case feeder and let it feed them for you automaticaly. The cases will go through station one where they are resized and de-primed once again, but it will be faster than hand feeding them into station two and then pushing the handle forward to seat the primer and then pulling the handle to drop the powder.

However, if you really want to then you can indeed manually load them into station two, even if you bought the case feeder.

Hope that helps,

Cor

ya I got the case feeder I was worried about restretching the cases back the back again. O'well we will see I guess. Thank you.

I shoot a 140 PF load for my 9mm loads for USPSA Production and I have reloaded cases up to 15 times before I replaced my brass. I should say that I could probably have reloaded them more, but I just wanted to err on the side of caution even though I saw no signs of cracking or excessive wear.

With hot major loads or with rifle brass your concern might be more of an issue.

Cor

I can't imagine what a PITA it would be to insert cases manually into station 2.

You'd mostly just be removing/adding the bell again, to the case mouth, and I can't imagine, unless these cases have already been reloaded many, many times, you'd have an issue.

But that's just a guess based on reloading .40 myself, several times, in a Glock shooting major PF.

Or here's another thought -- use the case feeder, but just remove the resizing/depriming die from station 1 ?

:P !!! 2,500! :huh: on a singal stage press. I think Brian should send him a book or somthing.

I did 250 long range bullets on a singal stage one month.

I bought the cd for 6.00 I think it is. Brian was very fair with me he did throw in one of the accesories already for me. I hope the cd will be informative. I should not have much problem from what I understand. :rolleyes:

Edited by packed