Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ordered New Press

Got ahold of Brian and ordered an xl650 with case feed and other accesories. I am glad I ordered from Brian he is a good person went out of his way to help me to order it on his day off. I look forward to getting this and setting it up. I never used a progressive press. Never thought I would need one. Ya Right! I have to finish building my shed in the garage so I can get my junk out of the garage and build a work bench to install the press on. Anyway,, never thought I would own a progressive. Hope it is not to hard to get up and going.

I ordered one from him last weekend. It should show up sometime this week. Of course, I need to be out of town all week on business so I won't get to play with it until next weekend. Rats!

On the plus side, Brian is really a good guy to talk with and was clearly more interested in getting me setup with the best press and accessories for my situation rather than the most expensive products. That is the kind of service that I really value.

Edited by XD Niner

I must say I'm also a very satisfied customer XL650 press & casefeeder (9, 40, and 45 also now).

Brian's site is very helpful, and the "as it should be" options are right on! Brian took the time to answer emails, and phone calls to configure my order. The small spare parts kit is also a must! I've already mashed up a couple of small parts due to my own ignorance :lol: that kit saved at least 2 weeks of waiting if I had to order individually. Being a newbie, I couldn't figure heads/tails out on the Dillon site for what I should order. Shipping was free too as my order was above the $400.- minimum.

I've since gone back and ordered a few more items (another deluxe quick change kit for 45ACP conversion, primer quick change, large case plate, dust cover, extra toolhead stand, extra primer pickup tubes.

PS. The Frankford Arsenal Vibra-Prime primer tube filler is a nice inexpensive way to load primers. Caveat is only their small primer tube works. Their large primer tube is too tight for large primers (go figure ...), so I purchased the extra Dillon primer pickup tubes and used those (twisted off the plastic mouth from Frankford's tube and put it on Dillon's tubes). The large primer tube now works fantastic!

PPS. I stopped using the powder check station and replaced that with RCBS's Lock-out die. I found that at times, during my setup phase I'd miss loading powder as I was manipulating the press up/down and had the cam advance, and then ignored the powder check buzz ... and ended up with a squib load. With the RCBS Lock-out die, the press is simply stopped in its track if there is no powder, or too much powder. No more squib loads for me now.

Edited by charliez

I too bought a Vibra primer and really like it. My large primer tubes seem to work just fine. I like them better than the Dillon tubes which are shorter.

On the other hand, the Dillon tubes don't need the adapter. You can just insert it into the Vibra primer and hold it there. Eiither way, it is a great deal for under $30.

I too bought a Vibra primer and really like it. My large primer tubes seem to work just fine. I like them better than the Dillon tubes which are shorter.

On the other hand, the Dillon tubes don't need the adapter. You can just insert it into the Vibra primer and hold it there. Eiither way, it is a great deal for under $30.

where do you buy these?

Midway is definitely a good place to get it.

I haven't had any problems with large pistol primers, although it's a bit tricky to get the tubes filled compared to small primers that almost pour in the tubes.