Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gas At This Exit

Merlin Orr

Paid $3.12 yesterday :angry:

Bad new is.........

They limit Credit Card sales to $75.00

So.....

I can NOT fill up my tank with one swipe of the card, so I have to take the time to put in $75, then....

Go thru the FREAKING process AGAIN to fill'er up :angry::angry::angry::angry:

IF YOU ARE GONNA CHARGE THAT MUCH FOR GAS, HOW ABOUT ALLOWING ME TO FILL UP MY TANK WITHOUT RESETTNG MY CREDIT CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My local gas station manager had this discussion a while back, prices were lower then and the pump limit was then at $50.00

Looks like we are gonna have to have another TALK!!!!!!!!

Paid $3.12 yesterday mad.gif

If you're talking per gallon, you've got it EASY!

I just calculated what I pay for gasoline, found out it's around $7,2 per US gallon... And the Euro is actually strong now.

We ain't in Euro land here! I can look out my window and see oil wells. Here in Texas sometimes when we drill a water well we have to try 5 or 6 times to find something besides oil. With so much oil here it really is a pisser that our gas (and diesel) prices are artificially driven up to line some fat cats pocket..... <_<

Paid $3.12 yesterday mad.gif

If you're talking per gallon, you've got it EASY!

I just calculated what I pay for gasoline, found out it's around $7,2 per US gallon... And the Euro is actually strong now.

We ain't in Euro land here! I can look out my window and see oil wells. Here in Texas sometimes when we drill a water well we have to try 5 or 6 times to find something besides oil. With so much oil here it really is a pisser that our gas (and diesel) prices are artificially driven up to line some fat cats pocket..... <_<

Try not to be too upset. When that oil comes out of the ground it becomes a commodity on a World Market. There's no good reason to sell oil in Texas at $10.00 a barrel when the Chinese or Europeans want it for $75.00. Just enjoy the tax revenue and the explosion in business going on in the oil patch and related industries.

What that price does do is encourage those (evil, greedy) fat cats to try to figure out how to get more oil out of the ground to sell at those outrageous prices to make even more obscene profits. I've seen more old, rusty, pump jacks hauled aside and replaced with new equipment in the last 3 - 5 years than the previous 20.

The increase in supply is the only thing that will reduce prices and avoid shortages for a product everyone on the planet wants to use. If they can't increase supply, then the cost of the energy will finally make it possible for us to develop some alternatives that are suddenly economically and politically viable.

And by alternative energy I don't mean using 1.8 gallons of diesel to make a gallon of ethanol or 3/4 of a gallon of hydrogen. Ditto on the solar and wind powered fantasies that permit us to heat/cool our homes and use our computers and microwaves when the sun is up or the wind is blowing; and still take more oil to build and maintain that they will ever offset in energy production through their service life.

But this thread isn't the place to go into all that. Sorry.

rant/off

Waltermitty has hit the nail on the head, with gas being a world commodity...

Solution: Close the texas borders to the import/export of oil, and then I can fill up for .69cents per gallon, and the Chinese can walk.