Pistol Shooters And Knives

SRT Driver

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got into the habit when I started wearing a badge, still carry one daily even though I am retired. Used to carry Spyderco's because I was always breaking them or losing them but now have several top end knives. In spite of that my daily carry is a Mel Pardue design made by Benchmade. Cheapest knife I own but my favorite for now.......

The Buck Folding Hunter I have carried and used almost daily for the last 20 years today suffered more abuse than usual and I am ashamed to say I broke it. Snapped the blade off half an inch in front of the bolster. :(

Thank God I do not have as many as Lynn to choose from as a replacement. I might not ever be able to make up my mind and could wind up a shut in trying to pick just the right one.... :lol:

I tell my wife all my knives are "Man Jewlery". Use to have a lot more than I have now. Love to trade around and check out other knives. And once you start learning all the different steels used it's facinating.

• 2 weeks later...

In my early days I was brought up to believe only deadbeats carried knives !

However it was acceptable to have a small stockmans knife or Swiss Army knife.

During my 20 years working Border Security, I carried a knife or Leatherman tool every day. Again, just a tool. Knives were issued every two years and maglites of all sizes too.

Most of my gunbags have an old folder in them, same as my emergency kits in my vehicles.

The one time I really needed a knife - I didn't have one on me. coming accross a motorcyclist who had just been struck by another vehicle. An off duty nurse and I struggled to help the guy, however his chin strap from his helmet was constricting his airway. We tried to undo it but couldn't. By the time someone turned up with a knife - he had died.

I have to admit - I still feel uncomfortable with some peoples fixation with knives as fashion accessories.

Kirby.