Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post Pictures Of Your Glock Limited Guns

PistolPete

My brother wants to get into IPSC and is debating between a few different platforms. He wants an SV or STI gun but isn't sur he wants to spend the money. He's been shooting my SV limited gun now. We looked into a Para P16.40 but I don't think thats what he wants. He was then thinking about going the Glock route because of its low cost, high reliability, excess of aftermarket parts and support. He's looking for ideas on what to do. I was thinking if he got a Glock to get a Glock 22 then do a trigger job, add a Dawson Ice, extended mag release, F.O. front sight, BoMar style rears, and a stainless or hard chromed slide. I'm just curious if anyone has any pics of their Glock Limited guns they could post so he could reference the different components people are using. I did a search under Glock pics and Glock pictures but only found 2 topics and neither of which were what I was looking for.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

post-2364-1153075173.jpg

G24

14 Oz. Trigger

Thinned Hi-Grip Frame

Finger Grooves Removed

Tru-Grip USA

Extended Formed Beaver Tail

Dawson Heavy "Ice" (1911) Magwell

Back Strap filled with Brass

T.H.E. Mag Release

Hard Chromed Slide

MMC Rear Sight

Dawson F/O Front Sight (Thinned to .105)

Briley Fitted Barrel

Tungsten Guide Rod

Edited by Charlie Vanek

Don't forget a barrel if he's going to shoot it in .40. The STI/SV isn't so expensive when you add it all up.

I actually know a guy who has the whole setup for limited to sell in GREAT condition (rig and all) now that I think about it.

Edited by Loves2Shoot

Don't forget a barrel if he's going to shoot it in .40. The STI/SV isn't so expensive when you add it all up.

I actually know a guy who has the whole setup for limited to sell in GREAT condition (rig and all) now that I think about it.

Where is he located and what is he looking to get for it and what does it all include?

I've shown it off before, but here goes.

Bought it used on this forum with a Barsto fitted by CGR. I added the following:

Very crisp 3 lb trigger w/ Ghost Rocket overtravel stop.

JP Mag release (not pictured)

Dawson plain rear, FO front sight.

Aluminum Dawson Ice magwell

Dawson mag extensions (19-round capacity)

THE extended tungsten guide rod w/ ~14 lb recoil spring.

That's about it. 100% reliable and can be switched back to production division if desired.

G35thumb.jpg

Where is he located and what is he looking to get for it and what does it all include?

He is here in Bend, OR. A student of mine who bought a couple SVI's. I'm pretty sure he wants to dump the whole thing rig, totally set up gun, mags. He offered to give me the setup, but I have no use for it. He's on vacation and when he gets back in a week I'll post pictures of the whole thing.

http://www.dfwshooters.org/images/Aardvark.jpg

Thats my gun

Here are the specs

glock 24 second gen

KKM barrel

Dawson Fixed siights FO fron .105 "

THE extended tungesten guide rod

Did it myself 2 pound 14 oz trigger

THE brass magwell coated with stainless colored brownells teflon moly baking laquer.

I use dawson mag extensions along with some taylor freelance extensions and get 20+1

The gun is currently on loan to a buddy who had his wifes gun go KaboooM!

they call it the aardvark cuz the LOOONG nose of the gun.. it shoots really well and IMO doesnt give up anything to the 1911/2011 guns. all for half the price and mags that need NO tuning to get 20 rounds.

harmon

If you brother is tight on money, then he ought to buy a G34 (or a used G17) in 9mm and shoot Production.

If he is going to be reloading 40 then he would be well served to get a G35. But, there is no reason to throw all that money at the gun unless he just wants to.

(be carefull having him reload 40 on your machine. you guys would need very different setups)

Here a few Glocks, not Limited but the 35 will work. But they are nice to look at just the same

Down the middle a 35, 17, 19, 39 on the right is an open 17. The upper left is the first Glock I bought, a police trade in 22 that was worn out when I got it. With some Dawson sights I used it to win a 34 (not pictured), the 17 and the 39. Love those Glock matches!

glocks.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Chris, I'm looking for a word...... Um, Pimped? :D

Here's my G24 limited gun.

post-7549-1154284087.jpg

RS trigger

JP mag release

Sevigny rear, and I changed to a Dawson FO front

KKM barrel

SJC mag-well

tungstun guiderod with 15# ISMI spring

Arredondo mag extensions

And of course, Eric W's tru-grips (the bomb)