Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Time For Some New Shotshell Carriers!

Okay, it's time to toss the handful of battered and hideously modified CCW Speed Strippers I've been using and get a new set of shotshell carriers. The question is, which brand?

Personal info - I'm right-handed, and I load 4 shells at a time with my weak hand. The only things on my 3-gun belt are my pistol holster, two pistol magazines behind my left hip, and the shotshell carriers. I have a 34" waist to load stuff on.

CCW Speed Stripper 4-rounder - I saw the new ones at the 2006 SHOT Show. They look better than the old models, but are still kind of flimsy. The new wire springs look a whole lot better than the evil belt clips of yesteryear. They run ~$18.00 each.

Innova Products Speedgrip - Never actually used this model, and it's a little different than the others. I like how it holds the shotshells only at one end. I also like the adjustable cant. Disadvantage - you can't easily remove them from the belt. Around $27.00 each with the knob kit.

Progressive Quick Stripper - The Maybach of shotshell carriers. I've used these and I do like them. They are adjustable for angle and the quality of build is just awesome. The only downside seems to be the price - $44.00 a piece. Yow!

So should I bite the bullet and break out the petty cash? Or should I stick with the CCWs? Or go with the unproven but trick-looking Innovas?

- Chris

I am not a fan of the CCW. If you like that style spend the money on the progressive M&T, its worth it. I have an Inova one and use for my slug reloads but my other reloads go off of side saddle or forearm. Have had no problems with the Inova for what I use it for, I like the variable cant.

Progressive Quick Stripper - The Maybach of shotshell carriers. I've used these and I do like them. They are adjustable for angle and the quality of build is just awesome. The only downside seems to be the price - $44.00 a piece. Yow!

Is there a website for the Progressive Machine tool holders. I saw them at the Nationals in Vegas but as far as I could see they weren't adjustable for cant. Did them make a new version?

I just got a Progressive Machine 6 round stripper, and I am REALLY impressed with its quality. I also have several CCW 4 round strippers, and a couple of Choate 6 rounders, but as soon as I get some "petty cash" I will be switching exclusively to the progressives.

Edited by glockster96

The Progressive M&T Quick Strippers are definitely the best way to go. The price is more then the other loaders, but most better mouse traps do cost more. Besides have you looked at the price of the other gear that your toting around at matches!!! :wacko:

1. The quality is excellent.

2. You don't have to worry about the shells bouncing out while moving.

3. The Tech Loks allow you to quickly put the Strippers on and off based on the stage.

4. And besides, Steve is a 3 Gun Shooter and a great guy (don't tell him I said that).