Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Standard SV Legal ?

Julien Boit

Does the new SV, featured on the website would be legal for Standard division.

It goes with an undrilled hybrid barrel, so the slide is lightened , I know the rulebook allow the replacement of the barrel and the replacement of the slide if it looks like the original slide, what happens here ?

DVC

Julien

:)

You rang ?

Yes, the Standard Division rules were greatly simplified. Basically no ports, compensators or optics, fit the box, wear your gear behind the hip bone.

Badabing! Everything else goes.

And "porting" always refers to holes in the barrel and the slide. If the slide is lightened but the barrel is solid, that is not considerd to be porting.

No shame, my young friend.

I've been involved with writing IPSC rules since 1996, and even I get it wrong, because I always have four rule books in my head:

1. The last rulebook;

2. The current rulebook;

3. The next rulebook;

4. The rulebook we'd have if I were King of IPSC!

I'm so confused .............

(Edited by Vince Pinto at 3:49 pm on Jan. 24, 2003)

" if I were King of IPSC! "

hmmm,,,as an unofficial/unwanted member of the 'tag-line-committee' and one of the few forum members to share the 'two for one special' at Joe Banana's  with the esteemed Mr. P,  I think we may have found a self given tag line.

Oh Flllllllllleeeeeeeeeexxxxxxxx...

As near as I can tell, the primary motivation for most of the "I want an unported hybrid barrel in my Limited gun" crowd (despite the "I'm a poor Modified shooter that can't afford two guns" pleadings) is so they can then attach the front sight to the barrel, which of course means it won't reciprocate with every shot and will be easier to track.  Brian even mentions it in his book..

(Edited by shred at 2:58 pm on Jan. 27, 2003)

• 1 month later...

Another reason for doing this is to build a credible USPSA limited top end to interchange w/ an Open-class SV lower.  My Open lower lacks the full length dustcover.  To get the weight out there by the muzzle again, I will be using an undrilled hybrid.  Still a compromize, but I can switch classes just by changing uppers and removing the scopemount.  Same trigger, same grip; everything familiar and just how I want it.