Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Rl-3000

• 4 weeks later...

That was my first Dillon press. And getting it was when I first met Mike Dillon - I traded him a 44 Redhawk (I won at a match) for it. I think I won the Redhawk at my first Steel Challenge in 1981. I was talking to Nyle Leatham about this revolver I won, but had no use for. He suggested we go over to Mike's, because he'd probably trade me a reloading press for it. (I didn't know who Mike Dillon was, or what kind of press I was going to trade for.) After agreeing on the trade, I still remember his facial expression as he was looking over the revolver - it was obvious he couldn't care less about the revolver, either - he was just doing me a favor. But that RL-300, man did it blow away my Lyman single stage.

;)

• 5 months later...

I still have and use an RL300 that I bought new in 1980. I think there were 600 of these built. I have several tool heads for it as well as conversions. Unfortunately the small primer mechanism broke about two year ago and I can't get any replacement parts, so I use it for large primer loads only.

• 4 years later...

I still have and use an RL300 that I bought new in 1980. I think there were 600 of these built. I have several tool heads for it as well as conversions. Unfortunately the small primer mechanism broke about two year ago and I can't get any replacement parts, so I use it for large primer loads only.

If any one cares, I have a few primer slides for the Dillon RL300.

That was my first Dillon press. And getting it was when I first met Mike Dillon - I traded him a 44 Redhawk (I won at a match) for it. I think I won the Redhawk at my first Steel Challenge in 1981. I was talking to Nyle Leatham about this revolver I won, but had no use for. He suggested we go over to Mike's, because he'd probably trade me a reloading press for it. (I didn't know who Mike Dillon was, or what kind of press I was going to trade for.) After agreeing on the trade, I still remember his facial expression as he was looking over the revolver - it was obvious he couldn't care less about the revolver, either - he was just doing me a favor. But that RL-300, man did it blow away my Lyman single stage.

;)

Good story Brian! Funny how little events can change your life forever. It's my understanding that Mike was sitting at his desk spinning the cylinder of your revolver when he got the idea for his Gattling gun. :surprise: