Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brownells

rubberneck

Two weeks ago I had the extractor hook shear off of my 9MM 1911. The gun was less than 8 months old when the extractor took a dirt nap. I called Virgil Tripp who built the gun for me and he told me which extractor he used.

I then called that manufacturer to ask what their policy was on broken parts and was told that I was out of luck. I was disappointed with their policy but hey it is only a $20 part. So I decided to have it replaced by George at EGW. After having it replaced I called Virgil back to arrainge having the new part hard chromed. He mentioned that he bought the extractor through Brownells and that I should call them becuase they had a generous warantee policy.

Needless to say that not only did Brownells replace the part but they also sent me a check to pay for my shipping costs. So here's to Brownells who did the right thing when their supplier wouldn't. They have earned my buisness from here on out.

Edited by rubberneck

When I was a kid the arrival of the Sears Christmas catalog was an event. My brothers and I could not wait to tear into that bad boy. It seemed like they had everything (back then they practically did). The Brownell's catalog is in the same league. Their website blows chunks but they do everything else so well I really don't care.

-ld

And don't forget, Brownells is one of the rare companies that actually supports our game by generously contributing to prize tables at major matches. I competed in a bunch of matches last year that had at least one of those big brown range bags on the prize table, even managed to pick one up off the table myself at the MO Fall Classic.

This has been the case for a long time....I have a full Brownells gunsmithing screwdriver set downstairs that I picked up off a prize table at a bowling pin match probably 12 or 14 years ago.

This is one of the main reasons I go out of my way to make my purchases from Brownells whenever possible.

And don't forget, Brownells is one of the rare companies that actually supports our game by generously contributing to prize tables at major matches. I competed in a bunch of matches last year that had at least one of those big brown range bags on the prize table, even managed to pick one up off the table myself at the MO Fall Classic.

This has been the case for a long time....I have a full Brownells gunsmithing screwdriver set downstairs that I picked up off a prize table at a bowling pin match probably 12 or 14 years ago.

This is one of the main reasons I go out of my way to make my purchases from Brownells whenever possible.

I scored one of their suede leather range bags at the recent World Class Steel match ---- what a pleasant surprise that was at registration!