Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Bullets?

steel1212

Which bullets do the majority of you load for 9mm in IDPA/USPSA type stuff? I see a lot of talk about the zero bullets. I've been working up some load for hornady HAP 121/124 bullets and was wondering which would be best cost/accuracy. I know each pistol is its own beast and all that.

I use zero's HP in my open gun, so my comp doesn't get too cruddy. but as far as the other guns that I use I use precision Delta amunition, for 9mm, .40 cal, .45. seems to be the cheapest jacketed bullet out there right now.

I started with Zero's just because the club sold them.

Now I use Berry's (and some older West Coast's).

The plated bullets are cheaper and seem to work fine in any pistol I have, at minor power factors.

I mostly use Zero, 9mm 125gr JHP for AP Metallic sight and IPSC Open, Zero 115gr JHP for AP Open. I have also used Montana Gold for same and find them to work just as well. The gunshop I work at sells mainly Zero.

The absolute best in everything I own, I found Sierra way out in front, EXCEPT FOR THE PRICE.

Polycoated, Plated and plain lead are cheapest but also not as good.

I use lead for Std IPSC in 40 or 45, they shoot as good as I can in IPSC and I don't shoot enough IPSC to warrant buying bulk Jacketed.

There only two bullets that I know of that work in my blaster.

1)Hornady XTP's (115&124).

2) 115 Winchester JHP.

I have tried a lot of the others and some are OK but the above two are what I'm sticking with. The XTP's are extra special, but I could get by the rest of my life with the Winchester's. :D

My opinion is based off the bench not match performance! :lol:

FM