Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Armed Forces Issue Proposal For New .45 Pistol

When I got my RifleMan Magazine this week I was reading about the proposal for the new 45 pistol. Do you guys think 45 brass, (once fired) will be more affordable then what it is now? Hopefully as much as the 40? :rolleyes:

Well, maybe not, but would be nice to buy it around $25.00 to $30 instead of $55.00.

Here is the full story about the Armed Forces Issue Proposal For new .45 Pistol. Armed Forces Issue Proposal For new .45 Pistol

Edited by Sandro

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

3.7.6. Weapon Shot Counter. The JCP should have a weapon shot counter to record shots fired (O). The shot counter, if provided, shall have a data collection device that connects the shot counter to a computer. The shot counter, if provided, shall have a Microsoft compatible software program that works in conjunction with the shot counter and the data collection device to allow the weapon data to be downloaded and stored on a computer. The shot counter, if provided, shall not interfere with any operations of the JCP.

Shouldn't be too hard with a MEMS accelerometer and RFID. Doesn't need to be displayed to the user and it could even be a stick-on item if you could get the power supply small enough (to be ultra-cool, you'd run a coil down around the guide rod and generate power that way..).

Hmm.. ya know, that might be cool to have for civillian guns too. I call dibs on the patent. ;)

Don't know that brass would get a lot cheaper through-- it seems like there's already tons of used .45 ACP brass out there.

My guess is once the Military goes back to .45 the CIA and NSA will also. Then the other 3 letter agencies will have to keep up. Once the FBI runs it's elaborate and expensive evaluations and discovers it is absolutely the only acceptable round for their applications so will law enforcement nationwide. When every department in the country is using .45 there will be lots of once fired .45 like there is now in .40.

Maybe I'll just hang on to those double stack Kimber and Bulm5 .45s I was thinking of selling.... :D

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:
3.7.6. Weapon Shot Counter. The JCP should have a weapon shot counter to record shots fired (O). The shot counter, if provided, shall have a data collection device that connects the shot counter to a computer. The shot counter, if provided, shall have a Microsoft compatible software program that works in conjunction with the shot counter and the data collection device to allow the weapon data to be downloaded and stored on a computer. The shot counter, if provided, shall not interfere with any operations of the JCP.

Am I the only one that hears the little pitter patter of The Black Helicopter People off in the distance?

Am I the only one that hears the little pitter patter of The Black Helicopter People off in the distance?

Ah.. the good old days before they went super-stealth.

Eric, everyone knows you can't hear the current ones..

What you're hearing Eric is bean counter data entry key strokes. By being able to monitor how many rounds each issued pistol fires each year the Pentagon will be able to know how many rounds to issue the average soldier.... :wacko:

"But Sarge, the magazine holds 13 rounds and I only got three."

"Soldier that's precisely .7 more rounds than the Pentagon says you will ever shoot."