Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Us Open

tightloop

Looks like the Big man...TW...missed the cut with a pair of 76's...

found out that he can't play Bomb & Gouge at Winged Foot....have to hit the fairways...I am surprised that Phil is doing as well as he is..

Now get to see someone else on the tube besides TW on the weekend...COOL.....

:D:lol:;)

Looks like the Big man...TW...missed the cut with a pair of 76's...

found out that he can't play Bomb & Gouge at Winged Foot....have to hit the fairways...I am surprised that Phil is doing as well as he is..

Now get to see someone else on the tube besides TW on the weekend...COOL.....

:D:lol:;)

luv watching these guys complain about the difficulty!

i'm gonna sit on my arse and watch the 24 hours of lemans starting tomorrow at zero dark thirty...

Last I saw Stricker was in the lead....

He is a guy that never goes really low, but he can grind out 68-72 just about anywhere he plays. He hasn't done much for the last couple years but has a great chance this time. Would be great to see him take this years trophy.....

Monty will choke tomorrow and fall back even further on Sunday.

Furyk has a great chance, as does anyone within 5 of the lead going into tomorrow......

It is good that the public can see the best golfers in the world struggle like the rest of us amateurs do...I am sorry that we only get to witness it once a year...also like the fact that for 4 days in June...ANYONE....can win this tourney....Michael Campbell is a good example last yr...and Stricker would be another one this yr..I like to see the pros have to play the types of shots that were common 20 yrs ago...the bump & run, low hooking 6 iron into the green...it gets boring watching 305 off the tee, wedge into the green from the rough to about 12 feet putt for bird...if graduated rough can prohibit that...I am for it.., if narrow fairways prohibit that...I am for it...

Yes, it was emotionally tough for TW this week....the tourney ending on Fathers Day and all...I feel for him...but over the course of his career...you cannot win them all, or even be in contention for them all...just have to take it in stride and do the best you can...I think he did that..

Looking forward to an interesting finish...some great shot making attempts, and the looks of frustration on their faces...going to be great.. ;)

Zhunter@June 16, 2006, 06:01 PM

It is a great course!!! I expect +5 to be the wining score

Ogilvy, whose resiliency carried him to the Match Play Championship in February, closed with a 2-over 72 (+5 Total) in the highest-scoring U.S. Open since 1974 at Winged Foot. He became the first Australian to win the U.S. Open.

ZHunter must know something about golf! :lol:

Broke my heart to see Mikelson lose it like that. The morning headlines were something like:

"Mikelson Collapses On Last Hole"

The last time the press had a field day like that was when Nick Faldo hosed the British Open and their papers headlined:

"Faldo Foldo"

It seems you must have your conscience surgically removed to be a press writer.