Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Help!

hdgun

I come to the masses for guidance and wisdom.

I have a custom 686 built by TK Custom, it is chambered for 9x23. I am trying to devolope a major PF load using 9x21. The problem is at Major PF the cases swell soo bad I can not eject them. The twist to this is, if I use major 9x19, there is no problem. They eject fine.

I know what some of you are saying, just use the 9x19. But I am head strong on using the 9x21.

so far i have used HS-6 with 124s, These swell real bad

158 berry with TG these also stick real bad.

in short I am going with heavy bullet and fast powder and light bullet with slow powder.

any hints to whats up would be greatlly appreciated.

XRe,, I am using starline, they fit better in the moon clip. Winchester is way too tight.

9x21,, what day are you shooting? i am on for Sunday morning.

I shoot Sat am, I should see you before we head back

We leave this AM,

JH

If you don't mind heavy bullets, try 147 gr Truncated nose FMJ loaded to 1.240" with a starting load of 5.9 gr of HS-6. Move up slowly and chrono your loads.

I make major with no case problems using Starline 9x21 brass. I am able to get quite a few reloads with this brass.

If you don't mind heavy bullets, try 147 gr Truncated nose FMJ loaded to 1.240" with a starting load of 5.9 gr of HS-6. Move up slowly and chrono your loads.

I make major with no case problems using Starline 9x21 brass. I am able to get quite a few reloads with this brass.

It's not the problem making major. It's the problem I am having with ejection in a Revo.

I have made major with 5grs of TG with a 158 berry.

I have no experience with this caliber, but I'd do anything to avoid using HS6 or -7 in a revolver that needs to be reloaded quickly. Way too dirty!

I've had good luck with both Unique and Longshot in .357 Magnum loads. There's very little residue at those pressures from either powder.

My next step is to try the Unique. I am making up some loads to try out tonight.

Tried the Unique today. 5.7grs under 158 berry (.357") gave me on average 950fps from a 5' revo. The key here is THEY DID NOT STICK in the cylinder. Which is what was happening with the other powders I was using. I guess I am on the right track.