Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-31

We shot this one on Saturday and I thought it was one of the hardest classifiers I have shot.

Limited 83 points 19.22 sec 4.3184 hf

I took the left array first then the right. When I went prone to shoot through the pipe I forgot to rest the gun on the mag and after the first shot I don't think I ever saw the sights again so I took a few extra shots (all turned out to be hits.... grrrr).

Any guess what the % is gonna be?

P.S. I finally beat Chris on a stage!

http://www.uspsa.org/classifiers/cm99-31.pdf

Edited by sperman
Updated broken link

Was hoping to erase this one from memory, but my good friend Singlestack has announced my participation, so I guess I have to respond.

Shot production, Glock 34 -

Time:  13.84

HF:  4.2630

Shot left side first near to far, moved to right side right to left, then went prone completely outside the box, shooting through the barrel.  I felt the extra split second to get back behind and go prone outside the box would be justified by the more stable shooting position, not having to worry about crawling up into the barrel, or having the lumber from the shooting box under my arms or midsection.  All went well except for one shot on the left side that I pulled over into the hard cover which I didn't call nor make up.  Yet another trashed classifier.  Oh well.....such is life.

• 6 months later...

Look like mine will come in at 77.061%.

I shot it with my Glock 35.

I started on the right hand side.  The stage description states that you start with your toes touching the side board (you have to face the side, and look uprange).  I tried to get my feet as close to my shooting stance as possible...this saved me a step.  I shot the right array form outside to inside.

Reloaded and shot the left array far to near.

Reloaded and went prone.  I was able to roll onto my right side some...nearly like a Weaver stance.  This let my right arm be grounded (I can't shoot prone with my gun floating from my elbows..that is a loser for me).  I was able to get the mag on the ground too, that was an added benefit that I hadn't expected.

One more thing...take off your hat.  I had forgot this trick.  Brynat Chaffin reminded me (thanks).  The hat in the barrel is tough.

(Edited by Flexmoney at 3:42 pm on Sep. 30, 2002)

• 2 weeks later...

i got to clock in at a whopping 3.2323 Hit factor in Production. this totally stunk. i did all head shots except for the ones through the barrel's this MIGHT not have hurt me too bad had i not been shooting a production gun. i was a little "off" that day which included a couple other mike's and a noshoot... so i was playing it 'tactical' i mean Safe ;-)

• 6 months later...

Shot this one again Saturday. Open this time.

80 points in 17.90 secs. 4.4693hf

I lost a bunch of time going prone. I hit my head on the barricade on the way down. :wacko:

Max was there.

80 points -10 9.26 secs!!! 7.5594hf