Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine Question

signal5

I have only shot 1 idpa match. I have 2 questions.

In my first match i shot my 1911, but in the next match i plan on shooting my glock 22. Am I required to only load 10 rounds in the magazine?

My next question is what are the requirements for mag pouches? Do they have to be concealed and can it be a double mag pouch? Also where can you wear them? In the rules it seemed that the way it was written was they have to be worn behind the hip. Is this correct or did i just read it wrong?

Sorry i know my second question had more than one included in it. Thank you in advance.

lets see if i can answer this correctly. any help from senior members will be welcome.

i'm assuming you were shooting your 1911 in the CDP class. that would mean you were starting with 8 plus 1 in the chamber. your glock 22 will put you in the ESP or SSP class which allow you to have 10 rounds plus 1 in the chamber. big no no if you start a COF with less than 10+1 for ESP/SSP and 8+1 for CDP. rules state you have to load to capacity. i think that will get you a FTDR.

As for mag pouches, double mag pouches are good to go. If the cover garment you use conceals your gun adequately, it should conceal your mag pouch with no problems. The farthest foward your mag pouches can sit is behind the center line of the body (side view)The pants seam on the side works as a quick reference.

The center line part is a bit hard to explain. Hopefully i explained it clearly.....

Edited by yoshidaex

big no no if you start a COF with less than 10+1 for ESP/SSP and 8+1 for CDP. rules state you have to load to capacity.
Just being persnickety here, but you need to load to 10+1/8+1 OR capacity. If your gun doesn't hold the max permitted - for example, my 1911 mags are seven rounders because my Commander doesn't work with eight rounders - you just load to capacity.

You must load to max allowable capacity of the mags up to the allowable max capacity for the division. If that makes any sense.

So if your CDP mags only hold seven you can only load seven, If your ESP/SSP mags hild 15 you can only load 10.

And you must load them all the same.

No juggling of magazine capacity or loading to schedule reloads.

At the IDPA Nationals, the scorecard has a box for magazine capacity and they have to show up the same for all stages.

• 2 weeks later...