Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.22 For Steel

D.Hayden

Bob, wait and see what happens when you buy a plane ticket and pay for a motel and match fees for a week to Cali....... ;) I bore-snaked the gun, oiled it, downloaded the mags, kept it in a case, and measured the rim of the CCI minimags too........had a thumbguard on the frame, etc......still had two pukes at the SC.......ran great up until the big match.......that is my experience.

Good luck with your Marvel!

DougC

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob, gald to see that you have give your Marvel another try.

If you are using Metalform magazine for you unit look at the feed lips and make sure that the "RIM" of 22 ammo you are using is not touching either the left or right feed lip. You do this by takeing 22 rd. and running it through the feed lips by hand. If it is touching, bend the left lip first. Be very careful not to bend too much at one time or the magazine will break at the front near the hole where the slide stop part of the follower stick out. After I got my feed lips adjusted the left lip is bent damn near straight. You want to also polish the top of the feed lips with a felt bob.

This is about the best I can explain this in writing. If you have any questions email me your phone # to ptbdedmon@carolina.rr.com and I will call you and go over it on the phone. This also goes for anyone else.

To be fair, I detail stripped the gun and cleaned the gun and mags( colt ace and Ciener).

I shot another 500 rounds thru it and no problems!!!

Doug - You are right - With my luck, when all the money is paid it will crap out. :angry:

Bob

• 4 years later...

I have really enjoyed using my 10 shot S&W 617 (.22 long rifle) revolver for Steel Challenge. Usually the speed of the DA action is irrelevant at these matches because of the target spacing. By the time that you reach the next target you have already had plenty of time to get the trigger reset and halfway stroked. There are no double taps so with the transition time figured in the DA action is plenty fast. It also makes a great crosstrainer for my .38 Special 627. And it has never had a jam yet.(chuckle chuckle) At our local club matches if I don't win the 22 iron sight division outright (autos & revos) I'm very competitive. I use an 8 3/8" 617 that has had most of the excess weight milled off of the barrel. It's still 3 oz. heavier than my 627 .38 Special with the 8 shot titanium cylinder. I might install an aluminum 10 shot cylinder in the 617--they're discontinued now but I know where one is at. I use the DS-10 Speed loaders so I don't hold anyone up when it's my turn to shoot. Big Fun.