Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My New To Me V-star

hopalong

Just got it today!

2001 model Yamaha V-Star.....650

Red but not BRIGHT red.

Gets somewhere close to 60 MPG !!! :wub::wub:

Just right for the 90 mile trip to the Memphis range, and the 100 mile trip to the Dickson range. :D

See you on the road !!!

Hopalong

I have had 2 V-Star's over the last 5 years . Great bikes . Started with a 650 and then stepped up to a 1100 Silvarado 2 years ago. (The 1100 gets 50 plus mpg). Ride to the matches when ever possible. Rode 7000 miles to matches last year. It has rained for the last week and a half here . Going a little crazy . Weatherman says it will rain most of next week also. Sucks

Just got back from a ride on my new to me VStar 650 also. I bought it used in Oct. It had 340 miles on it and was such a deal that I couldn't pass it up. It's been a learning experience for me as I was used to riding a 250 OSSA dirtbike and that was in the 70s with some riding in the 80s. It a whole new fun thing for this 63 year old. A great bike to learn how to ride a street/highway bike.

Nice! With gas prices they way they are I have to say riding my bike is a much better way to go...and with sunshine almost year round in Phoenix (we get our annual rain fall on a single Tuesday) then there is no excuse not to ride! Congrats on the bike.