Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sps Mags And Grips

dirtypool40

Hmm, ok....

What about mags?

The guys who have them say they are easy to set up for 18+1 reloadable, and are about half price of a an 18 round SV mag.

I figure to keep my two 19+1 Braz mags and have a bunch of 18+1 reloadables for when I don't NEED that extra round.

Right now I can load 18 in my SV's but, can reload to them. I'm much more comfy with the little mags than the 140's and now that I mad the switch, I'm treating the 140's like a big stick in Open, and would rather use shorties when I can.

18 is enough, 99% of the time.

Eric, I have a couple of the SPS mags for my .38 Super with a 6.5mm grams basepad. They DO fit the gauge with a little room to spare. The mags are of better quality than some of the tubes I have purchased...about a 2 week ship time from Madrid, Spain....Shipping is $18.00. I got 2 170mm mags for less than the cost of one.....I recommend you give them a try.

Randal

Eric,

I guess you might have read it "ad nauseam" here and at the GV, but I have an SPS .40" hi-cap mag that I bought last year at the Med Cup in France, that I have successfully tuned (see my mag experience thread here or at the Global Village) to 19 rounds (reloadable).

So far it has proven to be totally reliable, and absolutely comparable with other SVI tubes I own.

Edited by Skywalker

I never had any trouble with the 38 super / 9mm SPS mags.

But I had with the 40sw tubes. On the 5 tubes I had, all had problem with the lips elasticity.

After some time, they don't keep the right width and the mags starts to jam.

My .2 cts

:)

• 1 month later...

I have used the SPS grips before. They fit fine and are just a little bit bigger and have the mag well.

Edited to add> The mag release is a little different but you can make it work.

Edited by wombat

• 4 weeks later...

In response to my original question that I started the thread with, dealing with SPS was a little confusing at first (language barrier) but they are efficient and the products I ordered were at my door faster than things I've ordered stateside.

So far, so good.

• 7 months later...

fast forward about a year, and things have "gone South" in a big way....

RE: SPS MAGS and dealing with them through the website:

BUYER BEWARE. You will "have trouble" getting what is advertised, and there is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE DEALING OVERSEAS.

:( Guys I really appreciate your patience.

Right now things are at a standstill.

SPS is still selling misleading products on the internet to US customers when I am supposed to be their "exclusive US distributor" :rolleyes:, and making people mad because the stuff they are selling DOES NOT do what it is advertised to.

They never seemed to have enough to sell me any for inventory. Then they came to the FL Open with NO TUBES and didn't even show up for Sunday. I don't know what's going on, but it is the most "interesting" business management and ethics model I've ever seen. They'd rather make a quick $1 selling around me and making people mad, than making $1,000 working with me and being sure folks are happy.

Everyone who has tried to work with them in the past, tried to warn me.

I’ve spent the better part of a year trying to help them understand our rules and market and let's just say “I was not rewarded for my efforts”. <_< I haven't sold any mags or tubes and I'm about at the end of MY patience. When you are ready to write a check for 5 or $10k and they can't seem to deliver, things are unquestionably fishy.

Anyone interested in making them work and getting a 21 rounder feel free to PM me. I'll be happy to help you where I can, for free, but I will probably not have mags to sell.

Sorry. I tried. :rolleyes: